05-12-10 01:35 PM
333 ... 45678 ...
tools
    hey hey what about me? I found it! hahaah
    Heh, heh....correctamundo. Kudos for the find.

I guess the low price is rebate enough for us all?
    07-31-09 05:10 PM
    How does the craddle connect to mini USB. I do not understand how the craddle charges the phone. Please explain
    The mini USB wall charger, which came with your Tour, (or mini USB/USB cord, which would plug into your computer), will plug into the back of the cradle to provide power to the unit. The Tour will make contact in the cradle between the cradle prongs and the metal contacts on either side of the Tour battery door latch.

Understand that the charging cradle is just that, a charging cradle. It won't sychronize your Tour or communicate with your computer using the mini USB/USB cord.

Hope that was what you were looking for.
    07-31-09 05:18 PM
    I found the OEM battery charger for about $20 total:
    Amazon.com: OEM BLACKBERRY Battery Charger 9500 Thunder 9530 Storm BlackBerry: 9500 Thunder, 9530 Storm, 8900 Javelin: Cell Phones & Service

But here is a third party charger for $12.45 total:
    Amazon.com: Cellet Portable Battery Charger With Folding Blade For Blackberry Storm 9500 & 8900: Everything Else
    (There are no Amazon reviews for this charger, but you might be able to find some elsewhere.)
    Thank you....I think I'll hold off for now. Not sure why those things cost more than regular charger/cradle. Thanks alot though!
    07-31-09 05:24 PM
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!
    07-31-09 05:30 PM
    Good find... that's the best price yet! Too bad these places charge the same shipping price per item, which removes the advantage of buying multiples.
    07-31-09 05:38 PM
    Just ordered mine. Will go out on Monday.
    07-31-09 05:39 PM
    Nice. Since I bought one already for double that amount. Uhh I should of waited
    07-31-09 05:43 PM
    Just ordered one last night. Thanks for that heads up. Glad I waited!
    07-31-09 06:00 PM
    The Amazon web page does NOT say this is for the Tour.

It says it is for the Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330.

One clue is when someone has this before Crackberry.com, which would be very unusual. Crackberry will not have it before 8/8/2009.

Now all these people who ordered one are going to get the wrong item.
    07-31-09 06:16 PM

One clue is when someone has this before Crackberry.com, which would be very unusual. Crackberry will not have it before 8/8/2009.

Huh?

It says it like 1000 times that its for the Tour. What are you looking at??
    07-31-09 06:19 PM
    Huh?

It says it like 1000 times that its for the Tour. What are you looking at??
    Only the title says Tour.

The actual description below does NOT mention Tour...only several Curve models.

How confident are you the right thing will show up?
    07-31-09 06:27 PM

showstopr30, I agree. Not sure what Thumb-Berry was looking at on the Amazon site, but your instructions were very specific. I just checked my order acknowledgement, and it specifically says:
    1 "Blackberry Charging Pod for Blackberry Tour 9630", Sold by AccessoryOne.

Can't get more specific than that

P.S. I went back an looked at your OP and noticed I forgot to include the "offeroo5" for the additional discount....GRRR, guess it's too late now.
    Last edited by dd4au; 07-31-09 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Adding comment
    07-31-09 06:30 PM

Title says Tour
    Product Features say "Compatible with Blackberry 9630"
    Item model number is 31-0995-01-RM which is the RIM sku for Tour 9630 charging pod
    Product Description says Blackberry Tour Charging Pod

Only place the page mentions other bb models is in the "Customers who bought this also bought" section.

Just ordered it. Thanks OP for the heads up.
    07-31-09 06:33 PM

Your on the wrong page my man...
    07-31-09 06:35 PM
    Your on the wrong page my man...
    Sorry man.

Followed your link to get on that page.

Hope it all works out for you.
    07-31-09 06:38 PM
    @ OP - Great find - I've always wanted one of these for the nightstand but had issues shelling out over $30. This one will be delivered to my front door for less that $14. WOOT!

Thank you, thank you!
    07-31-09 06:42 PM
    Just checked the page again and it now makes no mention of Curves.

I must be going nuts. I SWEAR it said what I referenced in my original post, in fact, I copied and pasted the Curve model numbers from the page <lazy>.

sorry folks...i do not deserve any sympathy :-(
    07-31-09 06:42 PM
    Just checked the page again and it now makes no mention of Curves.

I must be going nuts. I SWEAR it said what I referenced in my original post, in fact, I copied and pasted the Curve model numbers from the page <lazy>.

sorry folks...i do not deserve any sympathy :-(
    Lol no worries, you prob clicked on another link without knowing
    07-31-09 07:17 PM
    Oops nvm read wrong one
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 07-31-09 at 07:22 PM.
    07-31-09 07:20 PM
    About time! I've been waiting for the price to drop. I paid like 10 bucks fot the same doohickey for my 8900. On that phone the innocase surface's bottom popped off allowing use of the charging stand. I'm hoping the design of the tour version is the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol...doohickey

+7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:44 PM
    Lol no worries, you prob clicked on another link without knowing
    Did a search. That's the only one on Amazon.

They must have been updating the page as all of this was going on.
    07-31-09 09:05 PM
    Hey just saw this on amazon.com and thought i'd pass it on to you. The deal is an insane deal! $11.11 + shipping which is pretty cheap. ($2.98 to NJ at least)

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: Cell Phones & Service

And then enter the code OFFEROO5 at checkout and get another 5% off!!!

Just thought i'd share the wealth!
    I wish I knew about this before I ordered from Crackberry. Not only is it a better deal but I probably would have received intact packaging and my shipping envelope probably would not have had a free half-used jar of Avon eye cream inside it. Everything works fine so whatever, but still that was creepy.
    07-31-09 10:28 PM
    I wish I knew about this before I ordered from Crackberry. Not only is it a better deal but I probably would have received intact packaging and my shipping envelope probably would not have had a free half-used jar of Avon eye cream inside it. Everything works fine so whatever, but still that was creepy.
    ROTFLMAO... That IS kinda creepy.
    07-31-09 10:32 PM
    So you can see Im not BS'ing.... the Avon eye cream is in the middle of the pic, round container. This is exactly how everything was when I opened the envelope and took everything out. Sorry about the blurriness.
    07-31-09 10:38 PM
    So you can see Im not BS'ing.... the Avon eye cream is in the middle of the pic, round container. This is exactly how everything was when I opened the envelope and took everything out. Sorry about the blurriness.
    Bahaha did you order the eye cream or get it for free? hahaha
    07-31-09 11:47 PM
333 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD