I would like to hear your opinions. Some friends of mine develop and sell high end keyboards, computer and Ipod accessories. They are developing a new folding bluetooth keyboard. This will be compatible with BB devices.

It is a full sized keyboard with full sized keys. It has a numeric pad on the right and the standard QWERTY layout. It is going to be priced to be very competitive.

I did not even know until today that people were using plug in keyboards with their BB devices. Is this common? Would more of you do this if there were better options out there for your use?

Please put all comments on good or bad, I am looking for anything that could help them.

Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 07:20 AM
    Having just done the research to purchase a bluetooth keyboard for my Curve 8900, I can definitely say there's not many options out there. Pretty much the Precision Keyboard 2, and that's it right now. Several of my friends have used keyboards in the past on their Windows Mobile devices, but because of the lack of good options for the BB, no longer do. However, when I spoke with them about one, they indicated they'd love to have one again.

I'd say there's a market. Not huge, but definitely there, especially for travelers who use their BBs as laptop replacements.

I'd volunteer to beta test
    07-18-09 03:52 AM
    Thanks Amber,

I will see what the release date is and let you know. Are there specific things that they would use or just a standard full size keyboard?

Josh
    07-23-09 12:14 PM
    Josh, a true standard keyboard (even laptop sized) would be wonderful. The current offering has some reversed keys (? in an odd location, for example) and it makes it difficult for touch typists, which is of course why you would purchase such an item.

Foldable or even a rollable membrane would be preferred, and weight/size is a factor. Easy pairing by bluetooth. A built-in stand for the blackberry so you can see what you've typed. It would be fabulous if there was some sort of navigation key to access the Blackberry button and send, save, etc., directly from the keyboard, but that might be asking too much.

Hope that helps.
    07-23-09 12:32 PM
    Hi Josh.
    I think there is a huge market out there for these keyboards.
    It would be awesome if you could fold it and fit it in your pocket nicely.
    I would use it all the time during school to write up quick reports.
    Then numberic pad on the right would be nice but its not necessary in my opinion. I think if it would make a huge difference in size(or cost) it wouldn't be worth it.
    A normal shift and corresponding buttons would be essential.
    Honestly if you had to cut down on a few features to make the price extremely competitive then I would be down for that. I don't want to have to break the bank to get a bluetooth/usb keyboard for my blackberry.

Anyways, Id be happy to beta test as well if that is up for consideration. My email is evantaucher@gmail.com

Hope this helped.
    -Evan
    08-07-09 01:28 AM
    I would be very interested in one. I have had a palm TX for a few years, and I bought a foldable keyboard for that, and other than the split for the space bar being RIGHT where I try and hit it (every.single.time) it's grerat. Folds up and turns into a case, has a place to put the palm when I am typing, it uses 1 or 2 AAA batteries, but they last forever.

My fingers are rather large, and I am still having trouble getting used to the tiny little keys; if I had some kind of keyboard I would never leave my bb.

There's a market for me anyway .

Lady Starhawk
    (noob)
    08-08-09 11:24 AM
    i am interested.
    08-09-09 07:03 PM
    It is a full sized keyboard with full sized keys. It has a numeric pad on the right and the standard QWERTY layout. It is going to be priced to be very competitive.
    If it was around $30, I would buy it right now!
    08-13-09 07:05 PM
    That would be cool. I've seen a guy at college who pulls out a full size keyboard and types notes for his handheld. It amuses me because the size difference.
    08-13-09 10:19 PM
    bluethooth keyboard??? hmmm. nice
    08-13-09 10:42 PM
    Hi,

I have new Tour--just upgraded from a Curve, and I'm looking for a Bluetooth keyboard. I'd like to use it to take electronic notes in meetings without hiding my face behind a a laptop screen. I have terrible handwriting and very marginal note-taking skills, so I see this as an adjunct to my productivity.
    08-16-09 07:31 PM
    I think it would be something that would be worth looking into. I myself have not had too much of a problem typing on my storm or previous PDA's. But there has been a couple of times when I'm typing out a rather lengthy email on my bb that I wish I had a larger keyboard.
    08-16-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD