SO i have the new BB curve pod charger, its all lit up. It looks like the terminals are hitting the back of the Curve, however the Phone doesn't appear to be chargeing. Any thoughts?

I tried the USB wire and the travel charger to the charging pod. Nothing seems to be working. Is there a setting in the phone?

I have a verizon 8330.

Thanks!
    07-28-08 01:38 PM
    Is the phone also new? Is this your first time to charge it? Will it charge when it's connected directly to the wall charger? If it won't charge when connected directly to the wall charger, you likely have a defective battery. There are no settings necessary to enable charging. If the battery is extremely low, sometimes only the wall charger will charge it. Some USB auto adapters and PC port charging circuits don't meet the USB standard, and won't charge the phone regardless. I have not heard that complaint about the pod charger, however. Battery trouble seems more likely.
    07-28-08 02:14 PM
    Its not the battery. BB is new (about a week), however if you plug in the same travel charger or USB into the BB directly it chargers fine. The Battery is also full. My Creative MP3 was a victory of super low battery issues, however this doesn't appear to be that. I'll take a current tester to the terminals on the cradle tonight.
    07-28-08 02:20 PM
    I'll take a current tester to the terminals on the cradle tonight.
    Sounds like a good idea... most likely a defective cradle or you do not have the contacts lining up correctly

They can be tempermental
    07-28-08 02:23 PM
    Its not the battery. BB is new (about a week), however if you plug in the same travel charger or USB into the BB directly it chargers fine. The Battery is also full. My Creative MP3 was a victory of super low battery issues, however this doesn't appear to be that. I'll take a current tester to the terminals on the cradle tonight.
    If the battery is full, it won't charge.
    07-28-08 02:25 PM
    If the battery is full, it won't charge.

correct, use the berry more and then put it in the charger..... also the pod light will only blink when data is being synced back and fourth.
    07-28-08 02:53 PM
    UPDATE:
    So I am getting 5v DC out of the cradel terminal leads. Somthing else i noticed with a little playing with it. When i drop the phone in the cradel, the lighting spikes. if its in stand by (screen off) the screen turns on. I'm going to take it off the cradle and run down the battery. I am thinking that the "charging" indicator might just not show like if you use the USB plug on the side.
    07-28-08 06:28 PM
    So it works fine. The charging logo doesn't appear unless your phone is less than 100% which was the problem.
    07-28-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD