I know this is going to sound crazy, but for a good 5 months now I have gotten 3-5 bars of signal strength at my home in VA. Over the past 2 days my signal has dropped to virtually nothing and will not call out most of the time. Naturally I thought it was the new radio with .148 but I installed that quite a while ago and it just started 2 days ago, the exact same time I received my new Case Mate Chrome. After removing the case, the signal magically appeared to go up with no problems. I removed it and put it back on numerous times and each time the same result.

My question is, is it actually possible for the case to interfere with the connection this much. If so, dont you think this would be some part of testing for Case-Mate. If this is possible, then I think Case-Mate has a little problem on there hands.

I did searching online about this and have found out that many iphone users have experienced the same signal issues with this Chrome Case also. My suggestion is if you want to keep the reception on your phone, DO NOT BUY THIS CASE.....
    Last edited by olson0827; 06-13-09 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Research
    06-13-09 03:30 PM
    You are not crazy. I have posted about this in other Case-Mate Chrome threads.

I sent the following email to case-mate today:

"Case-Mate,

I am having an issue with my Chrome Case for the Blackberry Storm. My order
    information is below. I want to start by saying I am impressed with the
    look and feel and fit of the case, it seems to be very high quality;
    however, my issue is more technical...it seems to be causing my phone to
    lose signal. I received the case on Wednesday, and since applying the case I
    have been dropping a lot of calls. I have Verizon service, and since I got
    my Storm (the day it came out) I maybe dropped 5 calls total in about 6 or 8
    months. That's less than 1 per month. Since Wednesday I have dropped 6
    calls. And this is in my normal routine of commuting to work and school.
    Additionally, I noticed that I have received a few voice mails this week
    without a call in my call log. This tells me I had no service when the call
    came in. So I started thinking about why my signal is so bad all of a sudden
    and I thought about the new case, at which point I began to test. Sure
    enough when I have the case off of the phone, I have 3 to 5 bars. When I
    re-apply the case my signal bars drop almost instantly, sometimes by 1 or 2
    bars, but usually to zero bars. This is repeatable.

To demonstrate, I took a series of photos one after another starting without
    the case, then with the case, and finally after removing the case. You can
    see the pattern as it goes from 3 bars (no case), to zero bars (with case),
    and back to 3 bars (case off). The pictures are not perfect, but you can
    clearly see the amount of time that is passing in the pictures (only seconds
    apart), and the placement of the case. See attachment.

I did some googling and came across another gentlemen having a similar issue
    with his Chrome case for IPhone. Here is a link to his video:
    (just google it, CB rules won't allow me to post links yet)

I really like my case and I am hoping there is something you can do to help
    me out with this problem. Please let me know what can be done. I appreciate
    your time."

I recommend you write to Case-Mate like I did.
    06-13-09 07:35 PM
    Good Luck!
    06-13-09 08:04 PM
    FYI OP, got this from Case-Mate today...

"I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the Chrome Barely There case We received a report of this issue and we are working with our product development team to figure out where the problem lies. We have confirmed that this issue is not impacting all case and only affects a very limited number.

Would you like me to process a replacement of an item from the Storm product line of equal or lesser value or would you prefer a refund?"
    06-15-09 11:25 PM
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but for a good 5 months now I have gotten 3-5 bars of signal strength at my home in VA. Over the past 2 days my signal has dropped to virtually nothing and will not call out most of the time. Naturally I thought it was the new radio with .148 but I installed that quite a while ago and it just started 2 days ago, the exact same time I received my new Case Mate Chrome. After removing the case, the signal magically appeared to go up with no problems. I removed it and put it back on numerous times and each time the same result.

My question is, is it actually possible for the case to interfere with the connection this much. If so, dont you think this would be some part of testing for Case-Mate. If this is possible, then I think Case-Mate has a little problem on there hands.

I did searching online about this and have found out that many iphone users have experienced the same signal issues with this Chrome Case also. My suggestion is if you want to keep the reception on your phone, DO NOT BUY THIS CASE.....
    As sad as this is i wouldn't buy it because of the fingerprints. It is hard enough trying to keep the screen clean much less the rest of the phone.
    06-15-09 11:30 PM
    As sad as this is i wouldn't buy it because of the fingerprints. It is hard enough trying to keep the screen clean much less the rest of the phone.
    huh, try keeping the screen clean with a chrome/mirror screen protector...lol...if the FEDs ever come lookin all they need to do is snatch my storm and i'm toast.
    06-15-09 11:40 PM
    huh, try keeping the screen clean with a chrome/mirror screen protector...lol...if the FEDs ever come lookin all they need to do is snatch my storm and i'm toast.
    If it is that bad maybe you should be sticking with a tracfone.
    06-15-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD