http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Ever since day one, when Kevin threw this bad boy on the 9900 at BlackBerry fan night I was in love. I normally NEVER get cases and I actually kinda said to myself that I definitely wouldn't make this phone an exception because of its great metal band, but I don't know.. I am so on the edge about buying this case, I don't know what to do... Not to mention, I have a charging cradle that I'm used to with my Bold 9650 and I was too planning on buying a charging cradle for my Bold 9930 when it comes out, but then that means I will have to take it out of the case whenever I wanna charge it.

Ahhh I just don't know.. Is anyone else kinda in the same predicament as me or anyone that can help convince me what I should do?

OR anybody who has the 9900 and currently has this case, what do you think about it?

Thanks guys [:
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-11-11 at 03:56 PM.
    08-11-11 03:53 PM
    I know I want the Hard Shell caase in white! thats no where to be seen, but i guess at the end of the month.. till then i have to be extra careful with my phone !
    08-11-11 04:00 PM
    I know I want the Hard Shell caase in white! thats no where to be seen, but i guess at the end of the month.. till then i have to be extra careful with my phone !
    Yeah I hear ya.. I went 4 months with my Bold 9650 and literally 2 weeks before I was planning on selling it, I was letting my dogs outside and I jumped down 2 steps outside and it popped out of my basketball shorts pocket hitting the cement.. I seem to have such bad luck, Like I never drop it but then when I was planning on selling it, I drop it and it gets scraped up a bit.. Kinda a reason why I wanna get the case.

One question though about Case and NFC Will it mess up the NFC at all? Like make it more difficult to work with a case on because of the thickness? or nah.. I mean chances are I wont be using NFC too too much, but just a question I'v been wondering a bit.
    08-11-11 04:04 PM
    I know your not in the UK but are you looking for something like this ? http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...acc-38874-202-
    08-11-11 04:07 PM
    I know your not in the UK but are you looking for something like this ? Buy BlackBerry Bold 9900 Hard Shell Case White (ACC-38874-202) Reviews
    That's probably it.. Damn though that is a terrible picture.. its all grainy and it almost looks pink haha
    08-11-11 04:11 PM
    All pre-orders on CB.
    08-11-11 04:16 PM
    All pre-orders on CB.
    Yeah I guess... I mean I'm just going off their twitter post: "New to Store: BlackBerry Soft Shell for Bold 9930, Bold 9900 http://dlvr.it/frRvy"

But I guess new to store could mean not in stock yet I guess? Oh well
    08-11-11 04:19 PM
    Yeah I guess... I mean I'm just going off their twitter post: "New to Store: BlackBerry Soft Shell for Bold 9930, Bold 9900 http://dlvr.it/frRvy"

But I guess new to store could mean not in stock yet I guess? Oh well
    It'll take a little while for stock to arrive. I do like ordering from CB when their prices are comparable - the warehouse is in Florida, so I do get my stuff next day for almost zero shipping charge. I'm waiting for the charging pod - AT&T is delayed but I figure I'll have all my goodies by the time I get my beaters on one.
    08-11-11 04:24 PM
    It'll take a little while for stock to arrive. I do like ordering from CB when their prices are comparable - the warehouse is in Florida, so I do get my stuff next day for almost zero shipping charge. I'm waiting for the charging pod - AT&T is delayed but I figure I'll have all my goodies by the time I get my beaters on one.
    Agreed, the price for the case I am considering is $14.99 here but $19.99 pretty much everywhere else. Unless Amazon gets them soon along with the charging cradle, I'm probably just going to buy it off here.

And as for the charging cradle, that's another thing. If you spend over $50 then its free shipping that is normally $5.95, so assuming that the charging cradle costs about $39.99 or even $49.99 it would be almost stupid to not buy the case as it would technically come out to only $9 instead of the original $20.

But then comes the predicament of will I even use the case if I have a cradle, or even will I use the cradle if I have the case on it?

I just need someone to budge me and tell me that it's alright and that they are doing the same thing or something

Mind if I ask you what "goodies" you are buying exactly besides the cradle?
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-11-11 at 04:32 PM.
    08-11-11 04:29 PM
    Hmmm... too bad they don't have any Black Hard Shell Cases.
    08-11-11 05:20 PM
    are the new soft cases on cb already all sold out or does it just say that because theyre pre-order??
    08-11-11 05:21 PM
    I am looking at either the pouch or a hard case, not sure which yet.
    08-11-11 08:59 PM
    are the new soft cases on cb already all sold out or does it just say that because theyre pre-order??
    Preorder sadly :/

I am looking at either the pouch or a hard case, not sure which yet.

Whats wrong with the softshell black ones though? They look nice
    08-11-11 09:10 PM
    One question though about Case and NFC Will it mess up the NFC at all? Like make it more difficult to work with a case on because of the thickness? or nah.. I mean chances are I wont be using NFC too too much, but just a question I'v been wondering a bit.
    No, NFC runs on the same free lic'd freq as RFID. Even an OtterBox wouldn't interfere with your NFC tag.
    08-11-11 10:44 PM
    No, NFC runs on the same free lic'd freq as RFID. Even an OtterBox wouldn't interfere with your NFC tag.
    So wouldn't that allow for people to be able to steal information from your phone (like money when that eventually becomes readily available to pay with it et.?)
    08-11-11 10:46 PM
    So wouldn't that allow for people to be able to steal information from your phone (like money when that eventually becomes readily available to pay with it et.?)
    The NFC communication is usually done between two devices in close proximity.
    This means they are not more than 10 cm (typically less) away from each other. The
    main question is how close an attacker needs to be to be able to retrieve a usable RF
    signal. Unfortunately, there is no correct answer to this question. The reason for that is
    the huge number of parameters which determine the answer. For example the distance
    depends on the following parameters, and there are many more.
    RF filed characteristic of the given sender device (i.e. antenna geometry, shielding effect of the case, the PCB, the environment)
    Characteristic of the attackers antenna (i.e. antenna geometry, possibility to
    change the position in all 3 dimensions)
    Quality of the attackers receiver
    Quality of the attackers RF signal decoder
    Setup of the location where the attack is performed (e.g. barriers like walls or metal, noise floor level)
    Power sent out by the NFC device
    Therefore any exact number given would only be valid for a certain set of the above given parameters and cannot be used to derive general security guidelines.

Source -
    Security in Near Field Communication
    by Ernst Haselsteiner and Klemens Breitfu

With the very small transmission space and power used to communicate, it limits the types of attacks that usually occur with RFID tags. I guess if they used a dedicated way of communicating, like pairing with certain devices, I just don't see it as a threat.....yet.
    08-11-11 10:54 PM
    The NFC communication is usually done between two devices in close proximity.
    This means they are not more than 10 cm (typically less) away from each other. The
    main question is how close an attacker needs to be to be able to retrieve a usable RF
    signal. Unfortunately, there is no correct answer to this question. The reason for that is
    the huge number of parameters which determine the answer. For example the distance
    depends on the following parameters, and there are many more.
    • RF filed characteristic of the given sender device (i.e. antenna geometry, shielding effect of the case, the PCB, the environment)
    • Characteristic of the attacker’s antenna (i.e. antenna geometry, possibility to
    change the position in all 3 dimensions)
    • Quality of the attacker’s receiver
    • Quality of the attacker’s RF signal decoder
    • Setup of the location where the attack is performed (e.g. barriers like walls or metal, noise floor level)
    • Power sent out by the NFC device
    Therefore any exact number given would only be valid for a certain set of the above given parameters and cannot be used to derive general security guidelines.

Source -
    Security in Near Field Communication
    by Ernst Haselsteiner and Klemens Breitfu

With the very small transmission space and power used to communicate, it limits the types of attacks that usually occur with RFID tags. I guess if they used a dedicated way of communicating, like pairing with certain devices, I just don't see it as a threat.....yet.
    Yeah, I mean I'm not entirely worried about it.. But when I explain what NFC is to any of my family members or friends, they tend to go.. Uhh but if your phone is directly linked to your bank account, or credit card or w.e than whats not to say that it can get stolen. I mean my cousin has said stuff like

"can't a man with a briefcase with some kind of RFID tag scanner and just walk through a busy crowd and people wouldn't think twice about bumping into people and they are able to get extremely close"

Which seems like a pretty good point. I mean I guess we should just worry about it when that happens. I'm sure they are doing everything in their power to avoid something like this from happening, but I guess who knows.
    08-12-11 12:58 AM
    For those of you who wanted the hard case, it is now available for preorder in the CrackBerry shop. Sadly it only seems as if it is the Black one, but maybe they'll add more colors soon.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    08-12-11 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD