I just got a new Bold today and it seems when the battery gets to 95% the little charge icon on the battery goes away and then the phone starts to get hot. Then it seems like the battery drops juice really fast. Should I take it back and exchange it? or would they give me a new battery?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    04-19-09 08:51 PM
    The charger itself can get warm (but not hot). If your Bold is doing that, you might want to replace the battery for starters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 09:28 PM
    There have been many other Bold owners that have referenced this issue. It is not uncommon and i believe a upgrade in the OS will help battery life, +proper user controls, such as closing all apps when finished, etc....

Hold on cuz other Bold users will give you more advice.
    04-19-09 09:32 PM
    It's a faulty battery, they self regulate.
    04-20-09 08:04 AM
    Take the device back to AT&T and get a replacement battery...
    04-20-09 08:08 AM
    There have been many other Bold owners that have referenced this issue. It is not uncommon and i believe a upgrade in the OS will help battery life, +proper user controls, such as closing all apps when finished, etc....

Hold on cuz other Bold users will give you more advice.
    I'd suggest this as well. I know certain OSes had my battery getting hot. I just stuck with the OS that worked and never had this issue.

Bold - 247
    8900 - 168
    Storm - hybrid

Those are my favorite OSes. Of course I don't always stick to the; those are just my favs.
    04-20-09 08:43 AM
    Take that thing back since it's still new. If it's under 30 days, you'll get a new device. Otherwise, after 30 days it's a warranty exchange that will get you a refurb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD