Hi Guys, I'm new to this site so be nice

Yesterday I bought a Curve 8520 on a upgrade on my Orange contract, but I also changed my service plan from Dolphin 25 to Dolphin 20 and added the Blackberry Bundle which includes 500mb on Internet.

The woman said the service plan wouldn't change till the 1st of the month which is when I pay for the contract, does the same apply for the bundle?

GPRS is appearing in lower case in the top right hand of the corner, I contacted Orange yesterday and they said the woman hadn't even added the bundle so they added it, and told me i would receive a text within 24 hours. I received one straight away and followed the instructions turning it off and deleting the text etc etc.

Yet GPRS still won't work!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-20-10 06:46 AM
    first and foremost...WELCOME to CB!!! pull your battery...wait 30-45 seconds...put you battery back in...should be good to go. If not call Orange again and do what us yanks do....complain ALOT! lol
    02-20-10 06:56 AM
    first and foremost...WELCOME to CB!!! pull your battery...wait 30-45 seconds...put you battery back in...should be good to go. If not call Orange again and do what us yanks do....complain ALOT! lol
    Cheers for quick reply mate

Also when i turn it off (this has only just started happening today) it says
    Next On Time
    20 Febuary 2010
    8:15

I have no clue what that even means
    02-20-10 06:58 AM
    Cheers for quick reply mate

Also when i turn it off (this has only just started happening today) it says
    Next On Time
    20 Febuary 2010
    8:15

I have no clue what that even means
    That shows up if you have an alarm set or Calendar date. When I activated my phone it took like 15 minutes to go from edge to EDGE. Just wait a while and then take out the battery (with the phone still on) and the after 5 seconds just put it back in and see if it activates. Also, I remember that I opened the browser and pressed menu/start blackberry connection or something like that. If nothing works, take it to your carrier's store
    Good luck and welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 07:05 AM
    That shows up if you have an alarm set or Calendar date. When I activated my phone it took like 15 minutes to go from edge to EDGE. Just wait a while and then take out the battery (with the phone still on) and the after 5 seconds just put it back in and see if it activates. Also, I remember that I opened the browser and pressed menu/start blackberry connection or something like that. If nothing works, take it to your carrier's store
    Good luck and welcome!

yeah that too...let us know if you got GPRS !!! not gprs...
    enjoy your addiction!!! we all do!!!
    02-20-10 07:11 AM
    Good luck and welcome!

Haha christ i look like a bit of a ***** now

tried all the suggestions with no success, i tried the start blackberry connection but it didn't do a thing. When i try go on any webpage it says 'This is a wifi service'. I may have to ring an Orange customer service hut somewhere in the middle of Asia
    02-20-10 07:12 AM

tried all the suggestions with no success, i tried the start blackberry connection but it didn't do a thing. When i try go on any webpage it says 'This is a wifi service'. I may have to ring an Orange customer service hut somewhere in the middle of Asia
    do you have WIFI service in your house???? or disable wifi on your berry...see if that helps??
    It took my berry about 15-20 mins to reach 1XEV....have you received an email that says "blackberry registration"?
    Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 02-20-10 at 07:18 AM.
    02-20-10 07:15 AM

Nah, man, there are no dumb questions. Anyways, you might have to go into the store and see if they activated the service correctly. Also, go to your browser and select options from the menu. Go to explorer settings and general and make sure they say Internet Browser instead of Hotspot Browser. Save the options and try it out. If you have service it should be GPRS and not gprs. You can also go to the connection manager and go down to status and see if blackberry service is active or not. I'd recommend going to the store instead of calling. Put some pressure on them, that what you pay your service for.

02-20-10 07:26 AM
    go to manage connections on your berry....what do you see???
    you can add my pin its in my sig if you want to...
    02-20-10 07:26 AM
    Nah, man, there are no dumb questions. Anyways, you might have to go into the store and see if they activated the service correctly. Also, go to your browser and select options from the menu. Go to explorer settings and general and make sure they say Internet Browser instead of Hotspot Browser. Save the options and try it out. If you have service it should be GPRS and not gprs. You can also go to the connection manager and go down to status and see if blackberry service is active or not. I'd recommend going to the store instead of calling. Put some pressure on them, that what you pay your service for.

yea...go to an Orange store and let'em set you up!!! no such thing as a dumb question here....good luck and let us know how you made out!!!

**you should have BIS w/o wifi anyway...that's what your paying for**
    02-20-10 07:28 AM
    yea...go to an Orange store and let'em set you up!!! no such thing as a dumb question here....good luck and let us know how you made out!!!

**you should have BIS w/o wifi anyway...that's what your paying for**
    Rang Orange, they've apparently began the process to send me the 'service books', which is the reason the internet wouldn't connect they think. As they act as the Internet settings?

Will take up to 24 hours, funny how the woman at the shop never told me to register the Blackberry in order to set up the internet

how do they keep their jobs?!
    02-20-10 08:14 AM
    Rang Orange, they've apparently began the process to send me the 'service books', which is the reason the internet wouldn't connect they think. As they act as the Internet settings?

Will take up to 24 hours, funny how the woman at the shop never told me to register the Blackberry in order to set up the internet

how do they keep their jobs?!
    I know xD sometimes it seems like they have no clue as to what there job is. I can't believe I forgot to mention the service books. Although with me, it activated on its own. I didn't need the carrier to send me them, but I have read that some people do need to request them. Good luck and enjoy your new Blackberry.

02-20-10 08:33 AM
    When my orange bb goes from GPRS TO gprs, i just resend the services books, always resolves it
    02-20-10 01:52 PM
    When my orange bb goes from GPRS TO gprs, i just resend the services books, always resolves it
    how long did that take?
    I rang em at 1'ish this afternoon and nothings happened so far
    02-20-10 03:24 PM
    it litter takes 2 secs for the text to come through saying about blackberry is registered.

go to options>advanced options>host routing table, click the menu button and click register. has worked everytime for me
    02-20-10 08:22 PM
    it litter takes 2 secs for the text to come through saying about blackberry is registered.

go to options>advanced options>host routing table, click the menu button and click register. has worked everytime for me
    ive tried that so so so many times, and also resending the service books via the blackberry orange page.

Im beginning to think that the problem is that, ive changed service plan and that won't activate till the 1st of March...but this may also apply to the Blackberry Data Bundle I purchased when i got the blackberry? I dunno...
    02-21-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD