My daughter just gave me an 8830 with the comment that I should get out of the 19th century technologically.

So what is a skin?

I just want to carry my new blackberry in my pocket. What's best for that?

Thanks.
    07-24-08 08:03 PM
    In my opinion, the best way to carry your Berry in your pocket (and reduce lint and dust build-up) is the Seido Rubberized Hard Case.

This is kinda a mix between a hard case and a silicon skin. It provides a little better protection and it does not grab the inside of your pocket obnoxiously when you wanna pull out the Berry

*EDIT* : Use that in conjunction with a BestSkinsEver screen protector if you like! And congrats on your Berry!
    07-24-08 08:06 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 08:10 PM
    BSE are the best!!
    07-24-08 08:19 PM
    Welcome to the 21st century and CrackBerry!!
    07-24-08 08:27 PM
    Thanks for the information. I've looked at skins for sale here on CrackBerry but I'm still confused. From the pictures it's hard for my old eyes to tell what the skin covers and what it doesn't. Does it only cover the back and the sides and leave the screen and keyboard uncovered? Is that enough protection along with a screen cover?
    07-24-08 08:40 PM
    Most skins will cover the screen, the back, and some other parts on the front like the very top and the very bottom piece. Those are called "full body skins".
    There are also screen only protection skins.
    As far as I know, the Otterbox is the only holder that covers the keyboard.
    The otterbox isn't a skin though, it's a case

EDIT:
    There are also "skins" like the OEM rubberized "skin" that is just a piece of rubber that goes over the back of the phone and around the sides leaving the front of the phone wide open.
    Then there are hard/semi hard cases that cover a little more of the front of the phone
    Last edited by kudosmog; 07-24-08 at 09:09 PM.
    07-24-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD