A friend of mine is looking into getting a good decent reliable set of headphones to use with his BB 8330, however, he plans to upgrade in six months to a newer BB, therefore it is important that they pair well with all BB models.

He will primarily be using them at work in a factory setting as well as in his vehicle for both listening to music and making/receiving phone calls so the following features are in the order of importance...

Bluetooth
    Sound quality (preferably HD surround sound if possible) and clarity
    Discreet, something he can easily remove at work and not have wires hanging
    Ease of use/pairing
    Style

Just to give an idea of what he is looking for, he was considering the Motorola S9-HD but according to many online reviews, the bluetooth would cut in and out, they were one size fits most, uncomfortable for those who wear glasses (he does) and don't withstand sweat (he works in a factory). So he wants to see what else can be thought of that would fit his needs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance to those who reply!
    Last edited by JavaBrat; 10-05-10 at 04:13 PM. Reason: removed duplicate word
    10-05-10 04:11 PM
    A friend of mine is looking into getting a good decent reliable set of headphones to use with his BB 8330, however, he plans to upgrade in six months to a newer BB, therefore it is important that they pair well with all BB models.

He will primarily be using them at work in a factory setting as well as in his vehicle for both listening to music and making/receiving phone calls so the following features are in the order of importance...

Bluetooth
    Sound quality (preferably HD surround sound if possible) and clarity
    Discreet, something he can easily remove at work and not have wires hanging
    Ease of use/pairing
    Style

Just to give an idea of what he is looking for, he was considering the Motorola S9-HD but according to many online reviews, the bluetooth would cut in and out, they were one size fits most, uncomfortable for those who wear glasses (he does) and don't withstand sweat (he works in a factory). So he wants to see what else can be thought of that would fit his needs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance to those who reply!
    Be sure to check local laws, a lot of them only ALLOW 1 ear to be used for listening/phone calls while driving.

so he is more looking for a BT headset?

Answers.com - Is it illegal to drive while using headphones
    10-05-10 04:21 PM
    Be sure to check local laws, a lot of them only ALLOW 1 ear to be used for listening/phone calls while driving.

so he is more looking for a BT headset?

Answers.com - Is it illegal to drive while using headphones
    Thanks for the concern regarding the legalities, however, I did already check on this and apparently we're one of the few states where there actually are no prohibitions in the vehicle code against headphone use.

Also, I believe he would prefer Bluetooth because he specifically said he didn't want wires hanging when he takes them off. But I do wonder with his listening to music, will listening via Bluetooth drain the battery faster than just listening with a set of headphones directly plugged into the BB?

Thanks!
    10-05-10 04:40 PM
    using BT your battery will drain faster.

I use Motorola S9s at the gym and stuff.

great set, decent battery life on the unit themselves!

MOTOROKR S9 - Motorola

using them as a headset for phone calls is alright, my jawbone icon still gets used.

but for the call here and there it isnt too bad.
    10-05-10 04:49 PM
    using BT your battery will drain faster.

I use Motorola S9s at the gym and stuff.

great set, decent battery life on the unit themselves!

MOTOROKR S9 - Motorola

using them as a headset for phone calls is alright, my jawbone icon still gets used.

but for the call here and there it isnt too bad.
    Yes, those were the ones I said he was considering, but ruled out after reading numerous reviews online. So he asked me to see if I could come up with something similar.

Thanks again!
    10-05-10 04:54 PM
    did he look into the S9-HDs?

They are if a higher quality. and I know the S9s have a bad rap, but ive had them for years and love em, a very solid piece
    10-05-10 04:59 PM
    did he look into the S9-HDs?

They are if a higher quality. and I know the S9s have a bad rap, but ive had them for years and love em, a very solid piece
    LOL those were the ones I mentioned he ruled out in my initial post as well as my last
    10-05-10 05:02 PM
    LOL those were the ones I mentioned he ruled out in my initial post as well as my last

I know, but I was looking to as of WHY

ive never had my sound cut in and out.. they have been perfect!

he is pretty limited in terms of a high quality set......

Plantronics Pulsar 590a Bluetooth Headphone is an amazing set from what ive read...and he will never get the perfect set.

you cant optimize phone calls and music and not pay the price.
    10-05-10 05:15 PM
    Just to give an idea of what he is looking for, he was considering the Motorola S9-HD but according to many online reviews, the bluetooth would cut in and out, they were one size fits most, uncomfortable for those who wear glasses (he does) and don't withstand sweat (he works in a factory).
    The above is why he had ruled them (the Motorola ones) out and I appreciate the suggestion, however, the Plantronics Pulsar 590a Bluetooth Headphones are almost triple the cost and I doubt he wants to pay that much. But I will tell him about them and see what he thinks.

Thanks!
    10-05-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD