OK. I've been to the Crackberry Store and found nothing. Where I work the PCs are are all housed in built-in enclosures and we use wireless keyboards and mice because cable runs through the desktops and into the mounts for the PCs are impractical/impossible for standard cables. What I need is a USB cable for my Storm that is a MINIMUM of 6 feet long. Everything I've seen advertised is bragging about being 2 feet long! HELP! Somebody please make an extended length cable for hard to reach access points!
    02-15-09 07:48 PM
    02-15-09 07:50 PM
    newegg is definitely a great place to buy stuff. I love crackberry but i'd never buy anything from the store here. I just got a car charger for my Storm off ebay for $4 with free shipping!
    02-15-09 07:59 PM
    spaciorek and TheSultan ... Thank You!!! Just what I need at a great price ... funny, I've ordered computer products from newegg many times but didn't even think about them as an alternative source for BB usable products ... wish we could give REP POINTS here, you'd both get some from me. My bad for not Googling it myself, keep forgetting this is a USB Micro B interface so I wasn't sure WTF to search for ... lol. Got it memorized now.
    02-15-09 08:10 PM
    Hope it works I didn't see Blackberry listed...
    02-15-09 08:13 PM
    Yeah, be carefull. I bought a micro usb cable for my storm and although it chargers, it wont allow me to sync. not all cables are created equally
    02-15-09 08:16 PM
    I'm not sure about the cable mentioned here now that I have looked at their web site and then the link to Cables Unlimited who makes it ... they do not say anything about BB compatibility for this cable ... I know the component end will connect but I don't think the pin-outs are going to be right for charging/data transfer with this one ... I'm going to wait a bit I think.
    02-15-09 08:19 PM
    I found an adapter at BestBuy that converts mini to micro USB so now I can use all my old cords. Might be worth looking for.
    02-15-09 08:21 PM
    I bought a 1.5m cable from discountcell, not much longer than the in box one, but it was OEM
    02-15-09 08:24 PM
    OK. I've been to the Crackberry Store and found nothing. Where I work the PCs are are all housed in built-in enclosures and we use wireless keyboards and mice because cable runs through the desktops and into the mounts for the PCs are impractical/impossible for standard cables. What I need is a USB cable for my Storm that is a MINIMUM of 6 feet long. Everything I've seen advertised is bragging about being 2 feet long! HELP! Somebody please make an extended length cable for hard to reach access points!
    Can you buy a USB extension and plug your existing cable into it and the other end of the extension into the computer? The reason for the questions is I don't know if the pin configuration will make a difference?
    02-15-09 08:46 PM
    P.S. all cables should have the same pinout, it's a Universal Serial Bus connection. Now what cable gauging can handle is a different story. the 1.5m oem cable i got from discount cell was only $10 + $1 super saver shipping (stil only took a couple days)
    02-15-09 08:53 PM
    The Storm uses a standard micro USB plug. No special BlackBerry cord required. Check Monoprice.com. I use them for all of my cable needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:56 PM
    +1 for monoprice. Any 5 pin micro-B cable will work with the Storm (data and charge).
    02-15-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD