I bought a skin for my phone which I love for accidental drops, but carrying in my pocket was scratching the screen. So I want to carry in a horizontal case, but keep the skin in case I drop the phone while out of the case. Anyone know of a case that will work? I bought the Blackberry Horizontal thinking it had a clip for belt but it did not, and even if it did it wouldn't have fit with the skin on.
    09-22-08 09:15 AM
    I was in the same situation with my 8820. I looked and searched for a vertical or horizontal case that can accommodate a device with a skin with no luck. I will be interested in the replies in this thread. Right now I am switching back and forth between the holster and the skin as needed.
    09-22-08 09:30 AM
    You should be able to get a case that's made for a slightly bigger BB then the model you currently have to fit. I can't think of any models that are bigger then the 8830 except the Bold and maybe an older 8700 model(?). You'll need to go and try the holsters out. I'd say the Bold holster is probably your closest bet, but I wouldn't expect a "perfect" fit. Let us know what you find.
    09-22-08 11:23 AM
    Sedio makes a holster that holds a skinned 8830. Is there some reason you don't want to go that route?

Jason
    09-22-08 12:56 PM
    Sedio makes a holster that holds a skinned 8830. Is there some reason you don't want to go that route?

Jason
    I saw that one after I posted, but it is currently out of stock in the CB store. Not opposed to it in anyway, just was hoping to find some first hand experience on something that someone knows will work.
    09-22-08 03:09 PM
    This one works great and it's in stock. It's what I used before I switched to the OtterBox to keep the dust out.

Jason
    09-22-08 03:13 PM
    Just to let you guys know, I have the 8830 as well and with a little stretching, the factory case that came with your phone will work a skinned berry. It rotates so you can wear it how you want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 03:24 PM
    The one in Brother_Jebadiah's post is the the one I have. It works fine for me. I have to lift the top clip to get it over the top of the BB, but it's no biggy. I'm satisfied with it. The clip allows 180 degrees rotation.
    Last edited by Luke Bizzy; 09-23-08 at 07:19 AM.
    09-23-08 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD