So I hated pulling my 8130 out of that dreadful case that ships with it, and being the ***** I am I carried my pearl unprotected in my pocket along with my car keys. The result? A horrifying scratch on the top left of the device that is almost identical to the the position of the LED light but just a smidgen lower. Now, is there any good type of "open" case anyone knows about that will cover my baby's scar but still allow the device to retain its functionality? Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 07:12 PM
    06-02-08 07:15 PM
    I dont see this skin covering the damaged already there. It might prevent future damage. I guess I'm a small majority that actually likes the sleeve the Pearl ships with.
    06-02-08 07:22 PM
    sorry

my bad...on the curve it covers all around the LED
    06-02-08 07:25 PM
    Yes thanks jamiegroh and ScandaLeX that's the type of case I'm looking for but I need one that will cover around the led area on my pearl like it does on your curve. Any one else know of one like that?

06-02-08 07:36 PM
    you could get yourself a "skin" for your bb - kind of like a big sticker. usually they have designs but they also come in solid colors if you just want to cover up and protect. i bought some decalgirl.com not sure who else makes them. i also use that soft skin that is posted above, too (on top when carrying).
    06-02-08 07:38 PM
    you could get yourself a "skin" for your bb - kind of like a big sticker. usually they have designs but they also come in solid colors if you just want to cover up and protect. i bought some decalgirl.com not sure who else makes them. i also use that soft skin that is posted above, too (on top when carrying).
    MyGelSkin

DeCal Girl

Skinit
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 06-02-08 at 07:52 PM.
    06-02-08 07:48 PM
    Thanks everyone! I think skins sound like a good idea! Ill check out the links. But to be clear your saying that if I use a skin to cover the scratch I can also wear the soft case over it without any inteference or problems with the skin?

06-02-08 07:57 PM
    Thanks everyone! I think skins sound like a good idea! Ill check out the links. But to be clear your saying that if I use a skin to cover the scratch I can also wear the soft case over it without any inteference or problems with the skin?

Exactly. Although after you put the skin on, you may not want something covering it up. Most of the skins I've seen are great and a case would now hide your new look.
    06-02-08 08:00 PM
    So I hated pulling my 8130 out of that dreadful case that ships with it, and being the ***** I am I carried my pearl unprotected in my pocket along with my car keys. The result? A horrifying scratch on the top left of the device that is almost identical to the the position of the LED light but just a smidgen lower. Now, is there any good type of "open" case anyone knows about that will cover my baby's scar but still allow the device to retain its functionality? Thank you!

i don't every put mind in a pocket but my shirt pocket with nothing else in it but my pearl i am sorry your is hurt the poor baby.
    06-02-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD