Hey everyone, even though this is my first post I have been lurking CB for a while now.

I am currently in the Army reserve but because of my civillian job I need to carry my blackberry on me. I have an 8830 and an 8330.

I am looking for a case that will protect my blackberry so I can carry it while I'm doing my army training.

It needs to be able to withstand me landing on it with upwards of 70lbs on me.

I have been looking at metal cased with a screen protector built in and then just put the device in my OEM holster to protect the keyboard.

I have checked out the otterbox and I know it protects the screen and the keyboard, but it doesnt look like the keybord is too protected against being hit.

What are your opinions?

P.S, I would prefer it for the curve, but if there is something for the 8830 as well I could always switch up.

Thanks
    Last edited by jpetti; 09-17-08 at 11:56 AM.
    09-17-08 11:44 AM
    You know... if you HAVE to carry your BB in such conditions, I think I'd otterbox it and then find some sort of very stiff belt pouch to put that in, maybe like the old metal lined canteen holders only smaller. I bet a looksee in any good military surplus store could yield a decent solution. The more layers you add the better the protection but then, it will also make it hard to get to when you need it.
    09-17-08 01:21 PM
    There's no case more durable than the Otterbox.

And I don't know if you know how the unit slides into the holster, but the keys are fully protected.

I actually have mine inserted incorrectly into the holster when I shot the pic. The keys should actually be facing the inside of the holster.

09-17-08 01:28 PM
    Hua is correct - the photo shows the BB in the otterbox facing the wrong way. The screen AND keyboard are both protected when inserted properly. There is a tiny magnetic disc exposed on the "rear" side of the holster and the SPACEBAR should be facing that disc.

I will also say that I removed the CLIP part of the assembly (hidden by the quarter in the photo above) (used needle nosed pliers) and use just the holster inside my pocket or backpack or bike bag - less bulky that way.
    09-17-08 02:00 PM
    Amazing case(otterbox) Just got mine. Highly recomended.
    09-17-08 02:03 PM
    Perfect!

Thanks guys, I will be ordering one first thing tomorrow to try!
    09-17-08 10:00 PM
    BTW, you can pick it up on Amazon for $29.xx shipped, that is where I got mine from.
    09-17-08 10:27 PM
    I use an otterbox for work. Its a good strong case for harsh conditions. Go with the otterbox

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 01:28 AM
    So my otterbox just came in today.
    I put it on as soon as I got it. So far I like it!

Thanks for the advice
    09-19-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD