Hey guys, i want to get a case, i got a rubber sleeve already for my phone, but i hate it because i can't take it in/out of my pocket with ease. I want a case that i can take in and out easily, I am cool with a skin or a hard case, or a pouch. Just curious what everyone has/recommends.
    Must not be too bulky and be easy in/out pocket.
    thanks a lot.
    01-13-09 02:04 AM
    Search is your friend, there have recently been a bunch of posts about cases. Search "Cases" in the Storm forums. Seido makes a bunch of really great cases you may like to look at.

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    01-13-09 02:07 AM
    I just got the "Blackberry leather pocket pouch for Storm" in the white color. It is very nice. after about 2 days the phone goes in and out very easily, but will not fall out. is rigid enough to withstand a fall, and waterproof enough that it sat in snow for 20 min and was unscathed. It is smooth leather so it slides in and out of your pants pocket easily. I like this pouch mainly for 3 reasons:
    1. It has blackberry specific magnets in it to put the phone to sleep which saves battery, and utilizes the custom in-pouch sound settings
    2. it has no clips, so my wife isn't mad at me for wearing a dorky holster on my hip
    3. it looks cool.

I stayed away from skin or hard cases that stay on the phone, because I like to dock the phone in the cool sideways alarm clock dock that I bought.
    01-13-09 02:13 AM
    I just got the "Blackberry leather pocket pouch for Storm" in the white color. It is very nice. after about 2 days the phone goes in and out very easily, but will not fall out. is rigid enough to withstand a fall, and waterproof enough that it sat in snow for 20 min and was unscathed. It is smooth leather so it slides in and out of your pants pocket easily. I like this pouch mainly for 3 reasons:
    1. It has blackberry specific magnets in it to put the phone to sleep which saves battery, and utilizes the custom in-pouch sound settings
    2. it has no clips, so my wife isn't mad at me for wearing a dorky holster on my hip
    3. it looks cool.

I stayed away from skin or hard cases that stay on the phone, because I like to dock the phone in the cool sideways alarm clock dock that I bought.
    the only downfall i have heard about this case is that it rips the buttons on the bottom off. can anyone confirm?
    and what are people's opinions on the flexarmor?
    is it easy in/out pocket
    thanks
    01-13-09 02:16 AM
    Man I sure hope not!!! Mine feel very attached still, and the inside is very smooth and has no protrusions that seem like they would pull. I guess I could start putting it in buttons up, but that may not be any better for them. But now I'm worried, Thanks!
    01-13-09 02:31 AM
    Man I sure hope not!!! Mine feel very attached still, and the inside is very smooth and has no protrusions that seem like they would pull. I guess I could start putting it in buttons up, but that may not be any better for them. But now I'm worried, Thanks!
    that was off only one review from amazon.
    That person could have no idea what they're talking about.
    but anyone have any opinions on flexarmor
    is it easy for in/out of pocket use.
    01-13-09 03:19 AM
    I use the clear plastic one from verizon and love it. It makes the phone a little fatter but protects it very well.
    01-13-09 07:40 AM
    the only downfall i have heard about this case is that it rips the buttons on the bottom off. can anyone confirm?
    and what are people's opinions on the flexarmor?
    is it easy in/out pocket
    thanks
    I was always worried about this myself. Fortunately, the clip snapped off. I ordered the new Bold case, and it works perfect. It has the great elastic sides that my old 8830 case had, without the worry of the buttons snapping off. I'd highly recommend ordering one.
    01-13-09 07:42 AM
    If you want a solid case...I would check out anything by Seidio. I just ordered from them and got the Innocase 1 in black and it is a sick looking case. All of the major areas of the storm are covered and it allows for easy access to all of the buttons you would need. This thing looks like it could take a beating without every putting your storm at risk of dents, scratches and so on. Its worth checking out if you have a minute.
    01-13-09 07:54 AM
    Below are a few links for some cases I like.

Link 1
    Link 2 (seidio)
    Link 3 (seidio w/holster)
    01-13-09 11:00 AM
    I actually ended up getting the leather puch, because i love being able to use the storm bare, it feels more comfortable for me.
    But thanks to everyone.
    01-13-09 11:05 AM
    I have a Seidio holster clip that I like a lot. I don't ever put my phone in my pocket (personal reasons). I also have a protective skin from decal girl:

BlackBerry Storm Skin - Mount Doom @ DecalGirl.com

It looks AWESOME on my Storm
    01-13-09 11:08 AM
    Instead of a pocket case, you might want to consider a wallet case:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wal...-storm-135927/
    01-13-09 11:14 AM
    Those Wallet Cases would be ideal for me if I had a Storm.
    01-13-09 11:29 AM
    Those Wallet Cases would be ideal for me if I had a Storm.
    It's not specific to the Storm. I first used mine with a Palm Treo 700p. It's kind of universal in size. It fits a lot of other BB's. Check out the size and see if it works for your phone.
    01-13-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD