I have had my bold since launch and I'm loving it since I came from a 8330 curve. I was just thinking of getting a case for it. If anyone has a good recommendation for a case that would be great. If you have the case and don't mind sharing pics of it that's even better. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing all the responses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 12:10 AM
    There are a variety. There are cases that are more like shells, whether just a silicone skin or a more durable/rigid plastic (nylon) or there are slip cases which are like the holster the Bold came with but without the clip part. The shells do not always protect the screen from minor scratches or more severe bumps that could break the screen when in a pocket, etc. The slip cases might do better at protecting the screen but if you drop the BB, they don't provide much bump protection that way.

I think I have finally settled on the Otterbox Commuter. More shell but I've combined it with the holster from my former Tour's Otterbox defender - protects the screen when in my backpack or bike bag or even in pocket. I remove the clip part from all of my cases since I don't use a belt clip but like the screen protection.

I tried out and kind of liked the one Verizon sells - it snaps around the BB on 3 sides and it came with a very slim holster - again, I removed the clip portion. I liked it but felt it did not provide the protection I wanted from hiking/biking trips where other things could bump it.

There's a subforum on accessories and cases are discussed there quite regularly with all kinds of opinions.

The most protection is the Otterbox Defender.
    07-22-10 01:21 AM
    Ok, so I was getting ready to order a Commuter for my 9650 from Amazon and add a $.09 o-ring to get their free super saver shipping (total of $25.07).

Then on a whim I checked Newegg. Guess what, the Commuter for the Bold 9650 is on sale there for $21.99 and with free shipping.

Newegg.com - Otter Box RBB4-9650S-20-C5OTR Black Commuter Series Case For BlackBerry Bold 9650

In fact, if you search on "Otterbox" at newegg, many of the cases are "on sale" and with free shipping:

Newegg.com - Cell Phones,OtterBox,Cell Phone Accessories
    07-22-10 10:07 AM
    whats the best skin case? i want something tight and not bulky
    07-23-10 03:57 AM
    Yeah, I'm in the same spot, I want a holster like the 8330, because of course RIM couldn't be nice & give me a good case with the thing. I'm still using my 8330's holster & it's beat to all **** & back, and is much to small to properly hold my phone in it. Is there any sort of stitched leather holster/pouch that will fit my new phone?

-Johnny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 01:43 PM
    I don't have a 9650 but I have always used Seidio's cases on my BB's and highly recommend them.

Here's the link to their website:

Seidio
    07-24-10 01:49 PM
    I use the SmartPhones Expert side case. It's a nice holster type case with the sleep function to save your battery.
    07-25-10 01:06 AM
    I just bought a couple of these for mine

Incipio FEATHER Back Cover for BlackBerry Bold 9650 - eBay (item 160451673000 end time Aug-01-10 18:57:15 PDT)

They are super light and come with a screen protector and microfiber cleaning cloth
    07-27-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD