Hello everyone,

The other day I've upgraded from my 9000 to a Torch. Now my trusty old Bold never really needed any sort of case. Sure after 2 years it has a scratch or two, but nothing serious. I'm quite careful with my phones.

But now I've got the Torch, which of course has a big touch screen, which led me to wonder, is it necessary to get some sort of protective case? Of course I do want my Torch to last 2 years as well. Since this is my first touch screen phone, I'm not really sure.

Since I tend to e-mail, text etc. a lot, the though of having to get my phone out of some sort of case isn't very appealing to me.

Thanks!
    10-24-10 05:44 AM
    Hello everyone,

The other day I've upgraded from my 9000 to a Torch. Now my trusty old Bold never really needed any sort of case. Sure after 2 years it has a scratch or two, but nothing serious. I'm quite careful with my phones.

But now I've got the Torch, which of course has a big touch screen, which led me to wonder, is it necessary to get some sort of protective case? Of course I do want my Torch to last 2 years as well. Since this is my first touch screen phone, I'm not really sure.

Since I tend to e-mail, text etc. a lot, the though of having to get my phone out of some sort of case isn't very appealing to me.

Thanks!
    The Torch is my 5th BB. I always got cases (NOT clip on) for them.
    My BB lives in my right front pocket....period.
    I also use my BB (Torch) mostly for txt, email, etc....
    I've tried every hard case I could find, and couldn't keep the top ring (surrounding the screen) to stay on......not one!!
    I finally settled on an Invisible Shield. The I S won't protect it from breaking during a nasty fall, but will keep it from getting scratched.
    All the cases I've tried wouldn't really help is survive a fall either, so....whats the point?
    I have one more case left to try...the Seidio Innocase. I'll just wait till I'm ready to replace my I S and try the Inno to see if that "top ring" will stay on.
    Good luck!!
    10-24-10 09:13 AM
    all you need is the screen protector.
    and a leather holster whether with a belt clip on or a stand alone pouch.
    i'd go with the leather pouch since you always have it on your right pocket anyway.
    as you can see on my signature, i've owned a lot of phones..
    and what i have learned is that this silicon/ rubber casing gives you a FALSE sense of security... ending up with you dropping the phone anyway and getting a chip/dent every once in a while.
    the holster/pouch still offers a great amount of protection and it doesn't mess the beauty of the phone.
    on a different note, that's why i find the bumpers on the iphone 4 ridiculous.
    after going through all that design.. you're gonna cover it?
    10-24-10 01:25 PM
    Hi,I'm using the official case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 02:57 PM
    Get a case or start drafting your "OMG, I DROPPED MY PHONE HEELLLLPPP MEEEEE"
    type of thread.
    10-24-10 04:36 PM
    Get a case or start drafting your "OMG, I DROPPED MY PHONE HEELLLLPPP MEEEEE"
    type of thread.
    This. I dropped mine yesterday onto a hard floor and I am 100% sure having a hardcase plus the holster saved it. Nothing broke, nothing scratched, works 100% the same. 1st thing I do when I buy a new phone is to protect it up !
    10-24-10 04:41 PM
    I use the official belt holster for the phone. It helps protect the phone all the time (unless you drop it taking it out of the holster, which I did with my curve I had before getting the torch) and helps save battery life. Plus the official holster for the torch looks really nice. It's a major upgrade from past blackberry holsters in my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 12:09 AM
    I also own the BB belt holster. It looks professional and clean. I also never use any kind of hard or rubber case on my phones. It takes away from the beauty and feel of the phone. Hey if it fell accidentally life goes own. It happens and it will happen to you one day. Its the perfect excuse to get a new or next phone.
    10-25-10 12:48 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Normally I keep my phone in my (suit) jacket pocket, so I don't really want anything to attach it to my belt. My main concern is the touch screen rubbing against my pocket.

Never dropped a phone in my life. *knock on wood*
    10-25-10 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Normally I keep my phone in my (suit) jacket pocket, so I don't really want anything to attach it to my belt. My main concern is the touch screen rubbing against my pocket.

Never dropped a phone in my life. *knock on wood*
    well you need something like this..
    which is what i use from time to time.
    or

the upper one is for a Blackberry Curve which is about the same size.
    the lower one is the official Blackberry Torch leather pouch
    10-25-10 12:11 PM
    I have a skin on mine. I tried a case, but just didn't like the added bulk. I've dropped mine 3 times. Twice while in a case and no scratches, etc.. The third time with the skin and also no scratches, etc. I carry my torch in my front pants pocket, usually by itself, but sometimes with keys. No issues.
    10-25-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD