Hey all,

Gonna keep the background short - I had the Seidio face-in holster for my Motorola Q9c. Liked it - but the "pin-thingy" that held it together fell out. Got it to stay together using a rubber band.

I get my Storm on Day 1 - along with the free holster from VZW - and get the 3-pack of screen protectors.

The best thing about the holster from Verizon - it was free. The worst - you usually get what you pay for. I had numerour problems with the phone shutting off or resetting. Yeah - I know about the OS issues (I'm using 0.86 now) but I'm convinced the the hinge on the holster would hit the red button.

So - before ordering the holster - I hear that Seidio is coming out with a 2600mAH battery (nicknamed here "The Tumor"). Well - coming from the Q9c - I figured - why not wait.

So, I place the order for the tumor, the face-in holster, and their screen protector on January 2. While it's listed as being "in processing", I get a 10% off offer. I call and the CS rep said that's fine - no need to cancel - he can apply the code.

Stuff comes like a week (maybe) later - full price. At this point - it's less about the mioney than it in the principle. Call gets escalated to a supervisor. We have the discussion about not being able to change pricing after the order was processed. I told her that I fully understood, and, if that's what I would have been told when I called in, I would have either said "OK", or cancelled, and re-placed the order. She said that she would get the credit processed - 3 days later - I get an email - Done Deal - GREAT JOB SEIDIO.

Now - to the merchandise:

1) The screen protector - I have no idea - I would really like to get the Verizon one off - but haven't figured out how. LOL

2) The holster. See above - you get what you pay for. This thing rocks. As someone from Seidio said - the clip has to be open to get the phone in, or out. Feels good, works good. Time will tell whether or not there are issues with the spring-clip. This one feels better than the Q9c one did - but only time will tell.

3) "The tumor", I saved the best for last - I LOVE IT. It's not real high up there on the "Looks good" scale - but it's tiops in terms of functionality. And, I actually use it to hold on to. Anything (not typing) that can be done one-handed is, at least for me, easier. Right now - I'm on Day 2, or the 3rd charge (I THINK) and at 65%. Used it for occasional phone calls (Yeah, it does that too), web browsing, texting, music. I'm thinking, after it's been through a few charging cycles, with moderate use, you can get two days (or close.

All in all, ver happy with Everything Seidio.
    01-26-09 07:53 PM
    Good to know as I was going to order one next week.
    01-26-09 08:10 PM
    Nice report and review. Thanks for the info. Gonna check up on "the tumor".
    01-26-09 08:12 PM
    I think the holster with a bare storm would probably be fine, but search the threads for reviews on the innocase I and II
    01-26-09 08:38 PM
    Hey all,

Gonna keep the background short - I had the Seidio face-in holster for my Motorola Q9c. Liked it - but the "pin-thingy" that held it together fell out. Got it to stay together using a rubber band.

I get my Storm on Day 1 - along with the free holster from VZW - and get the 3-pack of screen protectors.

The best thing about the holster from Verizon - it was free. The worst - you usually get what you pay for. I had numerour problems with the phone shutting off or resetting. Yeah - I know about the OS issues (I'm using 0.86 now) but I'm convinced the the hinge on the holster would hit the red button.

So - before ordering the holster - I hear that Seidio is coming out with a 2600mAH battery (nicknamed here "The Tumor"). Well - coming from the Q9c - I figured - why not wait.

So, I place the order for the tumor, the face-in holster, and their screen protector on January 2. While it's listed as being "in processing", I get a 10% off offer. I call and the CS rep said that's fine - no need to cancel - he can apply the code.

Stuff comes like a week (maybe) later - full price. At this point - it's less about the mioney than it in the principle. Call gets escalated to a supervisor. We have the discussion about not being able to change pricing after the order was processed. I told her that I fully understood, and, if that's what I would have been told when I called in, I would have either said "OK", or cancelled, and re-placed the order. She said that she would get the credit processed - 3 days later - I get an email - Done Deal - GREAT JOB SEIDIO.

Now - to the merchandise:

1) The screen protector - I have no idea - I would really like to get the Verizon one off - but haven't figured out how. LOL

2) The holster. See above - you get what you pay for. This thing rocks. As someone from Seidio said - the clip has to be open to get the phone in, or out. Feels good, works good. Time will tell whether or not there are issues with the spring-clip. This one feels better than the Q9c one did - but only time will tell.

3) "The tumor", I saved the best for last - I LOVE IT. It's not real high up there on the "Looks good" scale - but it's tiops in terms of functionality. And, I actually use it to hold on to. Anything (not typing) that can be done one-handed is, at least for me, easier. Right now - I'm on Day 2, or the 3rd charge (I THINK) and at 65%. Used it for occasional phone calls (Yeah, it does that too), web browsing, texting, music. I'm thinking, after it's been through a few charging cycles, with moderate use, you can get two days (or close.

All in all, ver happy with Everything Seidio.
    The exact same thing happened to me with the coupon. I called and canceled my order and then reordered with the coupon code. I get an email that my order had shipped. Two days later I get another email advising that my order had shipped. Yep they never canceled the first one and charged me for both. I contacted them and about they could do was tell me when the second order arrived, to send it back and they would credit me back. I have sent the second package back and I'm just waiting for the credit card to be credited.
    01-26-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD