Anyone who loves their Storm 2 & their ProClip mounts knows that they havent released the one for the Storm 2 yet. Seeing that the Storm 1 & the Storm 2 has almost identical measurements, I wondered whether the mount for the Storm 1 would fit the Storm 2 & emailed ProClip about it. Here was their response:

While the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 do have the same overall dimensions, the shape has changed slightly, as well as button and/or charger location. When we tested the Storm 2 in the Storm device holder, we found that the phone fit loosely and came out too easily. We are making a holder for the Storm 2, however due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available.
    So I basically said screw it & went ahead & ordered one anyway. Got it in today & the rep who emailed me was right. There is a bit of "give" & wobbliness to it. Its not bad the way it is & is def usable, but you can move it back & forth inside the cradle a bit.

So I basically had some industrial-strength velcro pieces (the soft side, not the hard "teeth" sides) that I had left over from a home project that I used to put into one of the grooves where your phone rests while its in the cradle & it works GREAT! There is almost zero movement now & the phone slides in/out easily, but still very firmly & secure. And if you want a REALLY solid fit, you can put another soft velcro piece in the other groove. But I tried it & thought it was a bit much for me personally.

So here you go. I used white pieces cause thats what I had, but may change to black since it'll be less detectable.

12-19-09 01:17 AM
    Nice mod!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:52 AM
    Thanks, PK! Nice, cheap & simple.

So I can def recommend any of you having reservations ordering the "old" ProClip for Storm1 to use with your Storm2's to go for it. Esp since they're usually pretty slow getting ones for new model phones.

Just make sure you get the industrial-strength kind of velcro pieces that they sell at places like Home Depot. It has stronger backing so it'll stay on until you want it to come off, wont peel, etc. So dont "cheap out" & get the $0.50 Wal-Mart special.
    Last edited by peestandingup; 12-19-09 at 03:08 AM.
    12-19-09 03:05 AM
    Another thing to keep in mind is that once they come out with a Storm 2 version they may drop the price on the Storm 1 versions so they can get rid of them. I have seen that in other places already, where a Storm 1 case went from $29.99 to $9.99 upon release of thesame case only it was made for the Storm 2.
    12-19-09 03:13 AM
    Another thing to keep in mind is that once they come out with a Storm 2 version they may drop the price on the Storm 1 versions so they can get rid of them. I have seen that in other places already, where a Storm 1 case went from $29.99 to $9.99 upon release of thesame case only it was made for the Storm 2.
    I've been using ProClips for a long time (like 4 years now) and I've personally never known them to do that. For instance, I just looked at the one for the Blackberry 8800/8820 & its still the same price as the Storm 1 holder. And that phone's pretty old. In fact, all the holders I checked are the same price.

Not saying its not possible, but I wouldnt hold my breath. At least with ProClip.
    12-19-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD