Not paying close enough attention I sit the storm a little too close to the edge of the bathroom vanity counter and off it went right to the ceramic tile below. The sound was horrendous like a brick hitting the floor I see storm hit the bare ceramic floor on the mouth piece edge then bounce back up about a foot then land screen side down on a small carpet! Well I sat on the toilet and left it lying on the carpet just saying to myself you stupid.......I didn't even want to pick it up and see the carnage that must have happened to it from that terrible sounding thud. WELL there was not even the slightest mark on the phone or the case for that matter. The case never came off or shifted from the phone like I thought it might in a drop. Am I impressed with case-mates barely there case? You Bet! I'm also impressed with the phones ability to take an impact like that with no damage at all. I dropped an IPhone like that once on hardwood and the IPhone"s LCD was toast! OK now I need a good stiff drink!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-10-10 at 06:09 AM.
    01-10-10 05:48 AM
    LOL, most of us probably had moment like this, or the other times when you see it happpeng and manage the `big slow motion catch` !
    01-10-10 07:52 AM
    yeah thats happened to many of us with every phone we ever had...
    01-10-10 08:19 AM
    LOL, most of us probably had moment like this, or the other times when you see it happpeng and manage the `big slow motion catch` !
    Yep this happen to me this morning

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 09:56 AM
    I had my bold 9700 in a barely there dropped waist level and the phone popped right out and know wear a battle wound on top.

01-10-10 10:21 AM
    I just got my Barely There case on Friday. Love it. Yes, it's not an OtterBox, but neither does something like that fit in my pocket. The Barely There, plus the invisible shield already on the phone, is perfect for me.

Only adds about 1 mm to the back and sides in terms of bulk (which is to say, virtually nothing). Has a nice, non-sticky matte feel, and seems to be very secure in place.

IMHO, this is the best case without turning the phone in to a huge, unpocketable slab of metal and plastic (well, any more than the chunk it already is).
    01-10-10 10:54 AM
    This is why my phone NEVER leaves it's defender case, 5 drops and counting so far!
    01-10-10 11:08 AM
    I was walking to my computuer once and for some strange reason I was swinging my arms around with my phone in my hand. I clipped the side of my leg with my arm and my phone goes FLYING. I pick it up and nothing, not even a scratch. Never again LOL
    01-10-10 11:17 AM
    Mbs...so you have the barely there over the full IS? That's what I was planning on doing, but I wasn't sure if it would fit over the skin.

01-10-10 11:44 AM
    This case is fantastic. I got it the other day. Last night it slipped off my leg and slid into a cup of water I had by the couch. Luckily it hit the corner and didn't go in the water but thanks to the case the ice and some of the water just slid off the back. When I took the case off the phone was completely dry.

Love it.

01-10-10 11:56 AM
    Its the worst feeling watching your phone falling and hitting the ground. I swear it happens in slow motion, lol. Glad your case held up
    01-10-10 11:57 AM
    Mbs...so you have the barely there over the full IS? That's what I was planning on doing, but I wasn't sure if it would fit over the skin.

All except for the side pieces. I installed the screen, earpiece, mouth piece, both bottom chrome trim pieces the camera lens piece and the battery door. The ones I left off were the ones covering the the chrome on the sides and some of the black plastic trim. The sides need to be off because the case can not clamp to the phone properly otherwise.
    01-10-10 02:21 PM
    i slipped on the top stair of my wooden staircase and dropped the s2 ALLL the way down with just a screen protector on. The battery door fell of and the battery popped out. That was it. the screen was still awesome, the sides had no scratches, and i just popped the battery back in and it powered up like it would any other day.

Great stuff, RIM. Great stuff.
    01-10-10 02:26 PM
    my phone has taken plenty of falls both with and without a case on it and it isnt damaged badly yet
    01-10-10 02:31 PM
    The day after I got my phone I dropped it from three feet onto our gravel drive way while getting out of the car. I didn't realize it (it fell out of my hoodie pocket) and left it out during a rainstorm for an hour. No case. It's fine.

RIM makes good stuff. I did the same thing with my 8830. Both survived.
    01-10-10 02:54 PM
    All except for the side pieces. I installed the screen, earpiece, mouth piece, both bottom chrome trim pieces the camera lens piece and the battery door. The ones I left off were the ones covering the the chrome on the sides and some of the black plastic trim. The sides need to be off because the case can not clamp to the phone properly otherwise.
    thanks bettermost! i'll definitely be getting both then
    01-10-10 03:27 PM
    Great narrative! Lol suspensefull...

Happy to hear that your phone is ok!

01-10-10 03:49 PM
    Yep. Ditto.
    Never used the side pieces anyway - they tend to peel way too much.
    01-10-10 04:12 PM
    I just picked up a Body Glove snap case/belt clip friday night, had the dang thing sitting on my lap after using it before I left the store and when I got out of my car at Autozone, it fell on the ground face first (roughly 4ft from up from inside a Ford Expedition) into a pile of frozen snow/ice and when I picked it back up and checked the screen it was perfectly fine. I was lucky like the OP with a good case. Yeah its not a otterbox or the like but it snaps together tightly around the whole phone and fits snugly so theres no way for it to shift. If you are looking for a case with a clip, check out the Body Glove case (it even has a crazy feature in the clip to flip out a stand so you can prop up the phone say on a desk for listening to music or watching youtube or something). Body Glove | Store
    Last edited by trailblazen; 01-10-10 at 10:10 PM.
    01-10-10 10:03 PM
    I've dropped a lot of phones and so far been lucky without getting any scratches, invisishield has been great. I have been thinking about getting a case to make it bullet proof.

01-10-10 10:15 PM
    I had the Storm1 and it dropped on my driveway and had a crack, It didn't bother me too much and I wanted a Storm2 which was coming out within the month so I held off and bought the Storm2 from eBay for 350, and two weeks later my Storm2 fell from the couch and hit the floor, and yep, it cracked worse than my Storm1! Costing me 70 to fix it! Gutted!
    01-10-10 11:19 PM
    This has happened 2 me on many occasions...the sigh of relief after actually catchin the phone is like no other.
    01-11-10 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD