03-07-09 01:50 AM
48 12
tools
    thanks for posting your results. you saved me a pretty penny.
    I second that, I'm going to just use the case it came with for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:04 PM
    i have a seidio innocase clear, and i personally am not too happy with it. the middle bar personally bothers me when i roll the trackball often (i have big fingers haha). another thing is that only after a week of use, my case is already cracking on the top right and bottom right of the case. the clip on the top left which holds the two piece together already broke off. it also attracts dirt, eventually causing a buildup of debris, especially above the camera.
    BDK,

I apologize for the issue with your Innocase. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
    01-26-09 11:32 AM
    I have also heard that the innocase tends to scratch the Bold after awhile.
    djohnson,

Unless they are airtight, I can assure you that all cases will pick up small particles inside, especially when pocketed. I would definitely recommend that you remove any case periodically to clean it out. I've always done this and have never had any problems with internal scratches.

Thanks,
    01-26-09 11:42 AM
    Good to know. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 01:14 PM
    Nice journey you went on! I'm still on mine.

I used the pouch that came with the bold for a few weeks after I got it. However I couldnt use the mini-usb/earphone jack when it was in use which is fairly important. So I made an impulse-buy of the RIM blackberry belt case:

Which is alot better build quality and solved my problem regarding the earphone jack. however I didnt take the time to consider that I dont ever put my phone on my belt (not a business man or boffin) so its very bulky in my pocket, and I want to use my phone while its in its case. So I sold the case to my dad who recently got his bold and I've ordered the Otterbox impact case:

Seems to much better suit my needs. Protects the phone while having all connections and side buttons useable and also leaves the screen and qwerty and trackball open for use. (screen protector applied). It also looks to be slimmer and far less bulky. I need the phone protected while at work but also quick and easy to use without restricting the button/input functions and keyboard.

I will give an update on the case when i recieve it.
    Last edited by cotterik; 01-26-09 at 01:26 PM.
    01-26-09 01:23 PM
    I have heard of the impact case. I will look forward to your review. My concern would be accidental button pushes when it is in my pocket.

It will also be interesting to see if there is much of a difference in battery life without the sleeper function.

Thanks Cotterik!
    01-27-09 09:54 AM
    well the case arrived today. i can honestly say its leaps and bounds ahead of the case i was using before. its very light and is made of a rubbery silicon material. its one layer, and is padded on the corners to apparently absorb all impact away from the bold - hence the name. All the buttons and headphone jack etc are still useable through the case, and it simply slides onto the phone like an inner-pouch. But is a very tight fit when on. It doesnt make the bold feel bulky or heavy atall. If anything it feels the same size but with the added peace of mind for protection. The important thing for me is that it doesnt take up any extra room in my pocket. Others might not like the fact that the screen and keyboard are open but for me the instant useability is needed. and the screen protector basically rules out any possibility of damage, and the keyboard doesnt touch the table if you lay the phone on its front with the case on. However as with all cases you can't dock the bold while in its case. The only snag i can find with the case is that as you know the earphone jack/mini usb is quite close to the edge of the bezel and the screen, and the case surrounding this area is slightly flimsy as it is only about 0.5cm from the edge of the case. Other than that. no problems to report.

I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks the OB defender is too bulky, and just wants to give the phone some integrity when out of the house. No speaker-phone screeching to report either.

Ironically before the post came today i was using the standard pouch that comes standard with the bold and it fell out when i was walking home. The bottom corner of the bezel is now scuffed =( with this case applied that wouldn't have harmed the phone atall. So quite sad about that but glad it is now protected while free and easy to use. Here's some pics of my bold and otterbox impact case:

Last edited by cotterik; 01-28-09 at 03:00 PM.
    01-28-09 02:57 PM
    That case is hideous.. It doesn't even cover the entire bezel correctly. The OEM BB skin looks 10X better.
    01-28-09 03:00 PM
    neither do the other skins of this sort. they all leave a silver lining of the bezel instead of just revealing the screen & qwerty. infact this case is no different apart from the fact it has impact absorbers on each corner..
    01-28-09 04:29 PM
    nice case! looks good
    01-28-09 04:47 PM
    Good review. Thanks!
    01-29-09 11:08 PM
    I've simply got a black silicone case..

thinking about dropping the money to get the clear Innocase.. still not sure though

all these reviews are helpful though
    01-30-09 12:16 AM
    dude, excellent review. helped me a ton. just went and got same case and seems to work awesome for me. thanks for the awesome review. pictures were an added bonus.
    01-30-09 12:59 AM
    I just purchased the Bold about a week ago. Due to its larger size I went with the new Otterbox impact series. It provides good functionality and protection with out the noticeable bulk that the Defender adds.
    01-30-09 01:04 AM
    hey djohnson1810, I'm wondering how the case/phone feels if you have the phone naked, without any silicone case or anything on it. does the phone feel really loose in the case? does it tend to slide around a lot?

i actually used to have that HTC case. it came with my TYTN that i got a couple years ago. it's been sold, but i remember it being a good case. i just don't want to get the case and find out that the bold is too skinny for it and with every step i take, the phone moves around in the case.

thanks.
    03-02-09 04:17 PM
    I just purchased the Bold about a week ago. Due to its larger size I went with the new Otterbox impact series. It provides good functionality and protection with out the noticeable bulk that the Defender adds.
    Down side to the Impact series is that it hardly covers the sides of the screen where the bezel is
    03-02-09 05:12 PM
    I've simply got a black silicone case..

thinking about dropping the money to get the clear Innocase.. still not sure though

all these reviews are helpful though
    NICE! yea i'm rocking the Seidio innocase grey and a Blackberry silicone case every now and then
    03-02-09 05:13 PM
    I'm happy with my "Amzer Rubberized Snap" case for my BOLD!

03-06-09 12:56 PM
    That looks good. Will it also fit inside the leather magnetic case that came with the bold with the Amzer on?
    Last edited by Pema108; 03-06-09 at 01:28 PM.
    03-06-09 01:16 PM
    I bought the casemate but couldn't really see the keys at night. In the dark it is easy, but not when you are just in a darker place, like the back of a cab at night or something. Drove me nuts, but I love the case, so I fixed it by carefully cutting out the part that covered the letter keys. I left the part that covers the four large buttons in the middle, and I left the part that covers the bottom keys (space bar, sym key, number 0 and left and right shift keys). It works great, and really protects the phone well.
    03-06-09 01:44 PM
    I bought the casemate but couldn't really see the keys at night. In the dark it is easy, but not when you are just in a darker place, like the back of a cab at night or something. Drove me nuts, but I love the case, so I fixed it by carefully cutting out the part that covered the letter keys. I left the part that covers the four large buttons in the middle, and I left the part that covers the bottom keys (space bar, sym key, number 0 and left and right shift keys). It works great, and really protects the phone well.
    do you have any pictures of that?
    03-07-09 12:26 AM
    neither do the other skins of this sort. they all leave a silver lining of the bezel instead of just revealing the screen & qwerty. infact this case is no different apart from the fact it has impact absorbers on each corner..
    um my standard bb silicone case covers the silver bezel completely
    03-07-09 01:23 AM
    Well done review! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and post it here. It is really helpful.

Bryan
    03-07-09 01:50 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD