I've been waiting for a long while for the redesigned case to come out, and finally happy to have the redesigned version in my hand. I have one major issue though. No one can hear me at all. I've called multiple people and everyone is giving me the same complaint. I've taken the case apart and put it back together to see if I had messed up somewhere and still no luck (it's pretty simple to install anyway). I really hate to complain about this case because I'm not really the kind of person to do so, but I really need this case to function correctly. I'm leaving for Iraq soon and this case seemed perfect for my needs. The only way people were able to hear me was if I took my phone away from my ear, but even then they told me that I sounded distant. They could only hear me normally when I aimed the phone towards my mouth, as if I was yelling into it or something. I've searched the forums for a while now and it seems no one else is having this problem at this magnitude. If there is anyone else that is having this issue, please reply.

Another thing I would like to mention is the voice recorder. I took a voice note with the case installed and I could hear myself just fine. I placed the phone right next to my face as if I was in an actual call.

One last thing, I tried calling Otterbox's customer support for help, and they couldn't hear me at all. I also tried Xbox Live support (with the voice commands) and I couldn't advance through the prompts as the machine couldn't recognize my voice.
    04-03-09 09:29 AM
    That's why they designed it that way. So that you couldn't complain to Customer Service.
    04-03-09 09:34 AM
    That's why they designed it that way. So that you couldn't complain to Customer Service.
    LOL. So the truth finally comes out.
    04-03-09 09:36 AM
    I'm still waiting for my replacement case. I bought the first one and that was a joke so they are sending me the new one for free. I had high hopes but now......
    04-03-09 09:41 AM
    yeah I was shocked to see they haven't corrected any of the other complaints with the redesign. both the mike and speakers are obstructed and IMO the edge around the screen is very sharp. Why can't they flatten or round it some more?
    If you look at the iphone version it's nice and flat on the face and the speaker/ mike ports look better.

My redesign is "in the Mail' should be delivered today.
    04-03-09 09:44 AM
    As I noticed there is no problem with voice on the voice recorder app, but significant issues with the phone app, I'm going to upgrade my OS to .113 and test it there. In case anyone asks, yes I've upgraded to almost all of these OSs before, plus the hybrids. I just downgraded to .75 because I took my phone in to Verizon for another issue and didn't want a beta on there.
    04-03-09 09:51 AM
    I've been waiting for a long while for the redesigned case to come out, and finally happy to have the redesigned version in my hand. I have one major issue though. No one can hear me at all. I've called multiple people and everyone is giving me the same complaint. I've taken the case apart and put it back together to see if I had messed up somewhere and still no luck (it's pretty simple to install anyway). I really hate to complain about this case because I'm not really the kind of person to do so, but I really need this case to function correctly. I'm leaving for Iraq soon and this case seemed perfect for my needs. The only way people were able to hear me was if I took my phone away from my ear, but even then they told me that I sounded distant. They could only hear me normally when I aimed the phone towards my mouth, as if I was yelling into it or something. I've searched the forums for a while now and it seems no one else is having this problem at this magnitude. If there is anyone else that is having this issue, please reply.

Another thing I would like to mention is the voice recorder. I took a voice note with the case installed and I could hear myself just fine. I placed the phone right next to my face as if I was in an actual call.

One last thing, I tried calling Otterbox's customer support for help, and they couldn't hear me at all. I also tried Xbox Live support (with the voice commands) and I couldn't advance through the prompts as the machine couldn't recognize my voice.
    I've had this problem with my Storm since I bought it. Not everyone complains, but from time to time people say that I sound muffled. I think most of the problem is in the phone and not the case however the Otterbox may be making it worse.
    04-03-09 12:25 PM
    Odd...
    Maybe it's the OS's?
    Can it be them? I'm on .109 and no issues....
    04-03-09 12:28 PM
    Odd...
    Maybe it's the OS's?
    Can it be them? I'm on .109 and no issues....
    Yeah I tried updating to .113 to see if that would correct it but now I'm running into my first issue with upgrading with the storm. When I un-install .75 on my computer, restart, and install .113, in DM my OS doesn't show up. Just .65 & .75.

Just my luck right? I really don't want to throw up another thread for this, so ill search when I get home.

Edit: Also tried .109, same issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by strife5; 04-03-09 at 12:43 PM.
    04-03-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD