I'll start by saying Otterbox has been awesome to deal with. So I figured I would share a sample of their customer service.

As soon as the Defender case became available for the 9700 I ordered one. After using one for my previous BB (Pearl) I knew this was the case for me. Once |I received it I was slightly disappointed like many of you on here seem to have been with the holster design.
    I used the case for approx 2 months and then one of the tabs broke off the holster. I emailed OB and they replied immediately saying they would send a replacement holster at no cost to me. The replacement arrived and lasted less than 2 weeks. I emailed OB again and they offered another replacement, I said no thanks. I asked for a full refund or an exchange for a Commuter case and one of their waterproof cases. After some back and forth they agreed.
    I informed them again that I was rather disappointed with the holster design and looked forward to an improved model which I would buy if available.
    As much as I was upset with this product I am happy that Otterbox stood behind their product and offered a resolution for me.\
    02-23-10 03:02 PM
    Sounds like good CS that stands behind their product, rather good or bad, lol!

I like it, however I am perfectly fine with the BB case mine came with.
    02-23-10 03:07 PM
    Good to hear!
    just bought that case a few weeks ago. Like all or I should say like must I dont really like the holster. But hey if it saves my phone is does it's job. Havent had any issues yet. (finger crossed, knock on wood) but if I do at least they will stand by their product. Thanks for the post
    02-23-10 03:11 PM
    OtterBox is the best. I'll continue supporting them with every new BlackBerry I get that needs protection!
    02-23-10 03:15 PM
    I have tried several and they make the phone to big. I hate any case that stays on the phone while you use it. I know, I know, there are some out there that need it but I have not dropped my phone in years and I will take my chances
    02-23-10 03:21 PM
    i love my commuter case for my Tour! sounds like they have good cs too.. that always helps!
    02-23-10 03:29 PM
    I did a lot of research on the differenct Otter cases and I too, chose the Defender.

It's a bit more bulky than I'd like, but the alternative of dropping and perhaps breaking my $400 and some odd dollar unit scares me.

I got mine about a month ago and have not had any issues with the tabs yet. I'm pretty tech savy, and a computer geek of sorts... I know you can't be "ruff" with stuff like this, so I take care not to be too forceful on the mechanics.
    Thanks for the heads up... I'll keep an eye out on the workmanship issues with the Defender!
    02-23-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD