08-20-09 09:47 AM
164 ... 4567
tools
    Thanks so much for posting this. I got my BSE tonight and just finished putting it on. It wasn't perfect and I'll probably have to redo it in a few months but it's a lot better than it would be without it. Plus I really didn't want to hide the nice red color with a skin and with this it looks very nice.
    01-27-09 06:16 PM
    Sultan - Excellent step by step. I'm going to do my screen-cover only BSE tonight! Been waiting to see good photos & advice. Now I have it!

Alright. BSE is ON. I see now that I need to enroll in a patience management class. WOW. Even though I was right there every step of the way applying my BSE, the clock STOPPED. I couldn't wait to see how she was going to look when I was done. Sides were difficult to get to stick, but stayed with it and my Berry is looking good. Now for the BIG QUESTION.......

Do I REALLY need to "let the Skin set up for 24 hours before turning on the device"??????
    Last edited by Irwin II; 03-18-09 at 08:34 PM.
    03-18-09 03:18 PM
    OK. Just couldn't wait any longer. I'm used to checking weather and news with my morning coffee.

Popped the battery back in the next morning out of fear of data loss. BB came alive and all seems well. Guess that answers my question, huh? I'll keep an eye on my BSE for curling etc
    03-19-09 06:50 AM
    OK. Just couldn't wait any longer. I'm used to checking weather and news with my morning coffee.

Popped the battery back in the next morning out of fear of data loss. BB came alive and all seems well. Guess that answers my question, huh? I'll keep an eye on my BSE for curling etc
    The pictures in this post were my first application, I've done it so many times now, I don't even take the battery out now, I just take the door off so I can do it at the same time I do the rest of the phone. Definitely a good idea to play it safe the first few times though!!
    03-19-09 08:52 AM
    I put one on my iPhone last night and it looks great. I'm hoping some of the minor bubbles/imperfections disappear in the next few days. 13hrs after install it's in my posket. Hope it's ok. I just did the screen so I don't have to worry about corners.
    Best of all it made of the hairline scratches in the glass unnoticeable under the BSE. I"m really happy with it.
    03-19-09 09:28 AM
    I only had the screen protector to apply, but was SSSOOO nervous, what with applying soapy water to the front of my BB and all. That being said, it did seem to take forever to complete. And all I had was the screen protector.

I do see some marks on the cover, however, that may be from using my DL to smooth out bubbles. What is the best thing to wipe off the BSE or clean it?

Really appreciate all your help.
    03-19-09 09:31 AM
    Irwin, I've always just used a microfiber cloth (I keep one in my pocket for my glasses though. Damn that makes me sound like a dweeb.). But with something as hearty as the BSE I think a shirt is just fine!

****, glad it went so smooth, I have no experience with applying on iPhones, but my iPod went well!
    03-19-09 09:34 AM
    I carry one of those cloths too, but in my briefcase not my pocket. I sprayed some lens cleaner on the cloth and it works like a charm. Couple of small bubbles I hope will work their way out over time.
    03-19-09 10:00 AM
    Irwin, I've always just used a microfiber cloth (I keep one in my pocket for my glasses though. Damn that makes me sound like a dweeb.). But with something as hearty as the BSE I think a shirt is just fine!

****, glad it went so smooth, I have no experience with applying on iPhones, but my iPod went well!
    What I use most often...dweeb...I guess! I have used both the BSE and IS. BSE better although they do have a LIFE they are not as permanent as I would like them to be.

Last edited by Nelimungous; 03-19-09 at 12:18 PM.
    03-19-09 12:15 PM
    I have been contemplating whether or not to do the BSE full body skin...thanks to Sultan, I ordered a skin for my Curve 8330 and for my Zune today. Wish me luck putting them both on.

Great post Sultan....
    03-24-09 03:57 PM
    I have been contemplating whether or not to do the BSE full body skin...thanks to Sultan, I ordered a skin for my Curve 8330 and for my Zune today. Wish me luck putting them both on.

Great post Sultan....
    Good luck bud, just be patient. Wish I made a percentage off everyone who bought one! lol

Your Zune reminds me, it's probably time for a new one on the iPod....
    03-24-09 05:58 PM
    well i think i mite be doing this again yay how fun lol, unless i fix my faceplate problem, but it is getting discolor a bit
    03-25-09 09:16 PM
    I just applied BSE on my 8900. Compared to Zagg's (installed on my iPhone and MacBook), I'd say BSE is easier to apply, cut more precisely and of course a lot cheaper! Customer service is tops too!
    03-26-09 07:12 PM
    I just applied BSE on my 8900. Compared to Zagg's (installed on my iPhone and MacBook), I'd say BSE is easier to apply, cut more precisely and of course a lot cheaper! Customer service is tops too!
    can always make the zagg spray youself, just soap and water in a bottle lol
    03-27-09 02:30 PM
    I feel to stupid to live....what do the letters BSE stand for?
    03-29-09 12:21 AM
    Best Skins Ever

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 07:40 AM
    Oh man! I remember when my TrackbBall looked like that!

I wanna install my BSE but I'm too lazy to do it. Ah! This looks like fun! Lol. But I think I'm going to wait for my, what's that called, the top screen thing! Then I'll put it on! Woot!
    03-29-09 10:29 PM
    Thank you sooo much for posting this. It truly was a lifesaver, as I was so nervous putting it on, but looking at your pic's over and over I got through it!
    03-30-09 03:35 PM
    I did it again for the second time and it took me approximately 5 minutes tops. Very easy.
    04-03-09 02:24 PM
    I applied the BSE for my Red AT&T Curve about an hour ago. It was real easy to apply, and it looks shiny and smooth. I'll keep my Blackberry off till tomorrow.
    04-03-09 10:51 PM
    This is an excellent thread well done Sultan. Keep up the good work, very informative A*
    04-04-09 04:13 PM
    Glad everyone is still enjoying this thread
    04-04-09 04:28 PM
    This thread is the best for BSE installation instructions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:30 PM
    Aw, well thanks Chrisy!!! I'm glad to hear that from a seasoned crackberrian...especially since there's a competing thread out there :P
    04-04-09 04:31 PM
    just curious, how long does the BSE hold up on your BB. I put mine on a couple of weeks ago and it looks great but I'm windering if I should buy another one just to have on hand if I need it.
    04-07-09 07:15 PM
164 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD