08-20-09 09:47 AM
164 ... 34567
tools
    yes -- it's weird, there's a slot. i bought two at the same time and i checked the other and there's a slot there too.

it's like if i match up the bottom with the trackball and i match up the earhole, the slot for the led is up too high -- sounds like where thesultans buddy's led for the at&t curve may have been.

i think i'll email bse and see what they have to say. maybe i got shipped the wrong product by accident.
    09-19-08 08:47 PM
    thanks I just found out about the BSE and was wondering if it would be worth it (quality, clarity, etc.) and I love skins because it protects your device and I am badddd about dropping stuff so I hope this really helps prevent the dings I am prone to getting because I love my scratchless BB I just got a new one which is the same as the old one just a different color. anyhow, thanks for the post.
    10-02-08 02:18 PM
    just an update: i emailed BSE about the weird slot and asked if i got the skin for the 8300/8310/8320 by accident.

they said that they must have sent it by accident and that same day got two new skins to me in the mail and asked that i return the one i had not used.

a few days later, i had a skin without any led slot that fit my phone perfectly. i put it on and was good to go until i got a hair under it and let it sit overnight. i peeled off in the morning but it was like embedded there and all my picking kind of mucked up the skin. no worries -- i had a second one on hand and put it right on with no trouble.

i would recommend both the product and the company in a heartbeat. they are terrific!
    10-02-08 03:17 PM
    Great job. I ended up getting the screen covers this time around for both curve and 8830.
    10-12-08 04:54 PM
    Does anyone know if a Curve with a BSE will still fit in Seidio's plastic holster? I just ordered an Innocase Hybrid and holster, and I'm thinking about ditching the Innocase for a BSE.
    10-16-08 12:11 AM
    Does anyone know if a Curve with a BSE will still fit in Seidio's plastic holster? I just ordered an Innocase Hybrid and holster, and I'm thinking about ditching the Innocase for a BSE.
    I have the Hybrid Case and only the BSE Screen protector. Since the front on the Hybrid is clear, it shows little smudge marks of the BSE pressed against the front of the case. It ended up bugging me to the point where I now use a Skin on it. I put the Hybrid back on last week to try it again and found that it moved my BSE a little bit in the corner but I was able to smooth it out. You can tell that its a tighter fit but it does fit.
    10-23-08 03:30 PM
    so does the BSE turn yellow if you used it with the OEM holster?
    10-26-08 09:41 PM
    It does develop a slight hue to it, but I don't feel it can be noticed while still on the device. I still have the same skin on my Curve as I did on June 20th when I posted this.

I have never used a holster though. My feeling is, it's not a gun, it doesn't belong in a holster
    10-26-08 09:43 PM
    It does develop a slight hue to it, but I don't feel it can be noticed while still on the device. I still have the same skin on my Curve as I did on June 20th when I posted this.

I have never used a holster though. My feeling is, it's not a gun, it doesn't belong in a holster
    lol if i didnt use the holster the phone probably go off in my pocket and the lint would be everywhere even more
    10-27-08 05:11 PM
    Is there anyway to combat the edges coming up? My top left edge is lifting up real bad, anyway to "stick" it back down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 09:05 AM
    I have the same problem, and I'm getting ready to ditch my original BSE and throw a new one on. I don't imagine there is a great way once it's been set.

HOWEVER, Be sure when applying this, you let it set long enough to avoid as much lifting as possible later on.
    10-31-08 10:09 AM
    Nice thread, well done! If condoms were nearly as difficult we'd really have a population explosion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 10:16 AM
    Is there anyway to combat the edges coming up? My top left edge is lifting up real bad, anyway to "stick" it back down?
    I did what someone suggested on one of the forums (maybe this one), to wrap the edges tightly with plastic wrap, and let it dry.

I also noticed that plastic of this type does tend to yellow when handled, skin oils and dirt from your hands, pockets, holsters and pouches all add to this over time. And the edges of course are going to collect things if they are constantly rubbing or pushed into something (tight fitting pouch, pockets or anything else that is not free of dirt and grim). Just think of what the paint on the plastic would do over time, if it wasn't protected?
    10-31-08 10:41 PM
    ugh this thing is such a pain in the *** compared to a screen protector on nds, since its wet this is so much more painful
    and if dirt gets on it when applying i dont know how to get it off.
    i was wondering if i could put tape on the plastic to tape off the dirt, any ideas?
    10-31-08 11:46 PM
    God, yes it's not the easiest thing on the planet to do. But be patient. If you're frustrated I'd suggest putting it down and walking away from it for a while. Then go back to it later when you're ready.

What do you mean tape off the dirt? Once it's applied and set you want to put tape over the edges? So dirt doesnt get on the edges of the BSE?
    10-31-08 11:51 PM
    i meant like if dirt gets stuck to the bse while im applying can i use some tape to tape off the dirt
    11-01-08 09:31 AM
    Hey All,
    So, I put the BSE on my Curve on June 20th, and decided to take it off November 14th and put a fresh one on. I've seen a lot of questions about yellowing and whether or not dust adds up on the edges.
    So, in the spirit of me putting pics up of a new one going on, I figured I'd take some pics of what it looks like 5 months later (or, a few days short of 5 months anyway). Here ya go!

To start with, the corner started coming up a few months ago, so I just cut it off, and you can see this in the first pic.

Unfortunately, after cutting one corner off, I dropped my Curve in the parking at Starbucks and of course, the only spot on the phone to get damaged was the corner where I cut the BSE off. Awesome!

The bottom corners are definitely starting to drive me nuts with peeling up and gunk getting underneath!

11-15-08 01:40 AM
    OK, so now I start taking stuff off. The plastic has definitely yellowed.

There is some adhesive residue left as I peel it off. This just wiped off with my fingers though, and made sure to clean it real well before putting the fresh one on.

Here's a pic of all of the pieces on a basic white sheet of paper. Yummy huh!?

I apparently have nothing better to do with my time while I'm at work so I thought I'd share these!

Note: I do not use a holster (I abhor them), I just carry the device and throw it in my pocket when I can. I don't smoke, the yellowing seems to be normal!
    11-15-08 01:43 AM
    This tutorial pretty much made my decision. I was afraid at first since I have an extremely low level of patience. I ordered mine late last Wednesday and it came the following Monday! I was going to wait until this weekend, but I couldn't stand looking at the cheap, crappy screen protector anymore. I started the task at around 10:30 last night, and the whole process took me about 1.5 hours. It definitely takes a steady hand to get the pieces positioned properly. I did everything pretty much exactly like the OP did, so I won't go into it. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for being so calm and patient, but my patience ran out while putting on those little corner pieces. Those things are annoying. I had to reposition them a few times. Once I got them in the right spot, I just left them there and did something else for about 20 minutes. I let it sit overnight and turned it on this morning. There are some tiny little air bubbles under the screen part, but I've been able to get most of them out. They don't really bother me anyway since I can only see them when the phone is off.

The only thing that makes me sad is I realized when I turned it on this morning that there's a little dark fiber on the screen under the skin. GRRR!! It's impossible to see without having the phone on, so beware of that. I'm hoping I can live with it, but if not, I'll just replace the screen skin this weekend. I might have been able to avoid that if I'd done the steamy bathroom thing, but I needed to be able to see out of my glasses.

I'd say the process was fairly easy, and it wasn't very frustrating. It just takes some time and it's important to put it on slowly and carefully.
    12-24-08 09:51 AM
    I ordered 2 BSE's.
    My first one I tried applying came out horribly.
    I then actually read the directions thoroughly and followed your tutorial and now Im amazing at how good it looks!!!
    01-16-09 09:58 AM
    Thanks Sultan for the step by step tutorial! I followed your instructions and now have the BSE on my Bold.

Only one problem though, the design of the Bold's screen is such that it seems to allow moisture to seep in under the screen. This was readily apparent when I turned on the device after installation and drying. For awhile there, I was wondering when The Milky Way and some planets snuck into my screen.

So, to suck out the moisture (hopefully), she's now sitting in a ziplock bag full of rice. I hope it does the trick.
    01-17-09 05:05 AM
    I wish I had seen this before attempting to put my BSE on my pearl...I did a terrible job and should probably start over with a new one. Yours came out great!
    01-17-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks Sultan for the step by step tutorial! I followed your instructions and now have the BSE on my Bold.

Only one problem though, the design of the Bold's screen is such that it seems to allow moisture to seep in under the screen. This was readily apparent when I turned on the device after installation and drying. For awhile there, I was wondering when The Milky Way and some planets snuck into my screen.

So, to suck out the moisture (hopefully), she's now sitting in a ziplock bag full of rice. I hope it does the trick.
    LOL @ the imaginary planets. I didn't realize the Bold screen was like this. When I apply these, I shake a lot of the excess water off before directly placing it on the device. So, it's still lubricated (heh. heh. he said lubricated. hehheh.) but not soaked. (heh. he said soaked hehh!)
    01-26-09 10:48 PM
    Looks really sweet thanks for sharing...
    01-26-09 10:51 PM
    LOL @ the imaginary planets. I didn't realize the Bold screen was like this. When I apply these, I shake a lot of the excess water off before directly placing it on the device. So, it's still lubricated (heh. heh. he said lubricated. hehheh.) but not soaked. (heh. he said soaked hehh!)

I shook a lot of the excess off too. Don't know how water got under the screen though.

Anyway, most of the "planets" have cleared up, just a couple of spots still left at the top RHS of the screen. The bag of rice trick did bubkus.

Oh, and I had to get rid of my BSE. It was getting in the way of my eBay dock as well as Sena Flip Case.

P.S. I made sure it would SLIDE sufficiently but not be too SOGGY
    01-26-09 11:59 PM
164 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD