08-20-09 09:47 AM
164 ... 23456 ...
tools
    lol I'm sure they say that so no one says "HEY! Water got in and fried my BB--you owe me a new one!"

To be honest, never turned mine off HOWEVER, I do NOT recommend this practice. I recommend doing exactly as the manufacturer says to, turn the BB off, put the BSE on, wait 24 hours.
    08-07-08 03:10 PM
    Finished. Feel it looks pretty good as well. Going to let it dry for a little bit but probably going to take a blow dryer to it tonight at a low speed to speed up the process.
    08-07-08 04:34 PM
    thesultan- great tutorial! very thorough and detailed. i'll be sure to refer to this thread if i ever need to apply BSE to phones.

mikells43- i'm glad that BSE is going to send you a replacement!
    08-08-08 12:45 AM
    Well, I received my BSE about a week ago and after viewing "thesultan" post I was a bit timid to give it a try. However, I pushed ahead and prepared my BB (8830). I achieved the front/back application without any worries. When I got to the sides, not so much luck. I was happy with BSE, but didn't like the corner pieces. I have now removed the side pieces and like the skin. Feels a bit "tacky", I will give it a week to see if I go back to my OEM case. Thanks for all of the posts!
    08-08-08 08:11 AM
    My installation went pretty good but there's like a half inch line on right side tht still has rainbow colors and 2 or 3 dots on left side. Can't decide if I want to peel off and reapply or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 01:29 PM
    I'm certainly no expert on the topic, but I would say wait a day or so schultepk. Give it a chance to dry up underneath, then decide.
    08-10-08 01:53 PM
    I'll for sure give it a few days and see how much it drives my obsessive mind crazy and then decide.

You can't see the little streak when its on a dark color, just when its on a white background when I'm composing a text pretty much.
    08-10-08 02:40 PM
    Sultan, how long did you wait until you turned yours back on?

The directions say 24 hours, but seriously, 24 hours without my crackberry? I don't think so...
    OMG, I was waiting to get to the end of this thread to ask the same thing! LOL. I can do it before bed, and leave it alone all night, but that is the most!
    08-12-08 09:56 PM
    OK. That was so totally not hard to do at all. It took me little over 30 minutes to do the full skin front and back. There appears to be one piece of lint (frig!) on the screen but that is it. She's going to sleep now for the night.

Thanks for the pictorial. It was a big help!
    08-12-08 10:52 PM
    So the two bottom corner pieces have peeled to the point where I had to take them off

I'm guessing this was because of all the in/out action with the OEM pouch I use.

I really don't want to use a case so i'm back to the decision:

(a) Throw on a Seidio Innocase + the BSE Screen that is already installed

(b) Keep using it like it is now (BSE on screen, antenna cover, and battery cover + OEM Pouch)
    08-13-08 02:23 PM
    I love the background on your phone .. where did you get that ?
    08-13-08 07:52 PM
    I used the same techniques as you, except the second time I did it in a mildly steamy bathroom. It worked wonderously!

I just filled the sink with hot water, which kept enough dust away for none to get stuck under the skin.
    08-14-08 12:28 PM
    Mine? It's called iFlower and I got it over at themes4bb.com.
    08-14-08 06:41 PM
    Thanks, Sultan for posting pics with step-by-step. It helped me out a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 04:31 AM
    who you speaking to here man?
    08-22-08 07:11 AM
    i read tons of posts related to the bse and looked at this tutorial and just placed my order for two skins (you know, an extra in case there is a user-related error or for when it starts peeling)

wish me luck!

OOHH!!! one more question -- since i have yet to see a picture of the whole kit and kaboodle assembled, will i still be able to use the cradle charger once i have the skin on or does it cover that?
    Last edited by laxpinkie; 08-30-08 at 08:47 PM. Reason: additional question
    08-30-08 08:45 PM
    Thank you so much for the visual tutorial, it helped me out A LOT! I'm pretty sure I was making that same face during the entire process, but it turned out perfectly!
    08-30-08 09:43 PM
    Mine came out great. Thax for the pics. It helped alot.
    08-31-08 05:05 PM
    I recently did a BSE on my daughter's Curve 8330 and it came out great. It was a little different from my 8310 when it did it about 2 months ago, but basically the same. The one thing I can say is if you let the skin "cure" for about 4 hrs before using using your bb, the chances of corners NOT lifting is very good. It took patience and determination to get the corners to set, but they finally did and they stayed. I and my daughter use our OEMs and not had any issues with the BSE separating or lifting.

Sultan, this is one of the most useful threads on CB -- thanks, again.
    09-10-08 10:42 AM
    i read tons of posts related to the bse and looked at this tutorial and just placed my order for two skins (you know, an extra in case there is a user-related error or for when it starts peeling)

wish me luck!

OOHH!!! one more question -- since i have yet to see a picture of the whole kit and kaboodle assembled, will i still be able to use the cradle charger once i have the skin on or does it cover that?

It doesn't cover anything that you will need to get to ever. It's designed so as not to impede any function of the device. It won't interfere with the cradle charger.
    09-10-08 04:45 PM
    I want to get myself one of these, but im afraid that when i scroll up on the trackball, that my finger will keep hitting the corner. Thats what happened with my invisible shield. It drove me nuts!! So is there a way to stop this from happining??
    09-15-08 11:14 AM
    Maybe you could cut the edges of the BSE before putting it on, so rather than the BSE coming right to the edge, it stops just before the edge of the screen. However, I would think this would be a spot for "gunk" to add up.
    09-15-08 02:06 PM
    i'm just letting my new 8330's bse set now but for those of you who have that model and have done this before, did the little slot for your led match up? mine didn't which makes me wonder 1) if i didn't get the bse for the 8300/8310/8320 or 2) if bse just uses the same skin for all 83xx models

please let me know
    09-19-08 08:39 PM
    The skins that I've purchased don't have a slot for the LED. However, on my Verizon Curve the LED is down in the window, the black border. On my buddy's AT&T Curve, I used the same exact skin and his LED was up in the plastic housing portion.

When I finished it still looked great.

For yours, there's actually a cut away so the BSE doesn't cover the LED??
    09-19-08 08:42 PM
    i'm just letting my new 8330's bse set now but for those of you who have that model and have done this before, did the little slot for your led match up? mine didn't which makes me wonder 1) if i didn't get the bse for the 8300/8310/8320 or 2) if bse just uses the same skin for all 83xx models

please let me know
    mine doesn't have a slot for the LED.
    09-19-08 08:43 PM
164 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD