08-20-09 09:47 AM
164 12345 ...
tools
    Sultan i had that same exact face at the end of putting on my 1st BSE!!

I actually havent stopped. I first tried IS ( on my ipod touch) and it was a god awful application, i had so many bubbles and the tiny bottle of solution wasnt nearly enough. I heard about BSE and decided to try it, and the cost was so cheap i bought 2 sets for my pearl(thinking if i messed up i had another right away). I put it on rather quickly, and it looked amazing...and i was super pleased with the result! I also got antsy around the corners and i was having a WTF moment lol.

I was so pleased....i bought full body ipod touch skin(which i sold a month ago), full macbook skin including the interior skins for palm rests and trackpad, and 2 iPhone 3G skins....

you could say i'm addicted. If i could skin myself i probally would.
    07-26-08 12:07 PM
    Hello. Getting a Curve (and my first BB) this week, and hope to have all accessories in hand when it arrives. I'd like to use one of these skins, but I'd also like to carry it in a leather case. Have my eye on the RexRegina side pouch, which is described as fairly stiff and featuring a "tight" fit. Can you tell me if dragging the Curve in and out of such a case will be any more difficult with something like the BSE? Love that classy leather look, but I may have to opt for a roomier case. Many thanks.
    07-27-08 01:14 PM
    Hello. Getting a Curve (and my first BB) this week, and hope to have all accessories in hand when it arrives. I'd like to use one of these skins, but I'd also like to carry it in a leather case. Have my eye on the RexRegina side pouch, which is described as fairly stiff and featuring a "tight" fit. Can you tell me if dragging the Curve in and out of such a case will be any more difficult with something like the BSE? Love that classy leather look, but I may have to opt for a roomier case. Many thanks.
    well, I used the BSE with the pouch that came with the phone and it's a pretty tight fit and seemed to hold up pretty well. It was only for about a week though.

But these things seem to stick pretty darn good, so I'd say give it a shot, but that's just my opinion. No real experience to back it up.
    07-27-08 04:37 PM
    Thanks Sultan.
    This is what I am going to go by when installing my BSE
    07-29-08 08:37 AM
    You got it! And just because you've got a stealie in your avatar, if you need help you can message me
    07-29-08 08:50 AM
    I put one of these on my phone last night and I love it!!!!!!

Just take you time a follow the directions exactly.

I used a tiny amount of dawn dish detergent and water to glue it.
    07-29-08 02:44 PM
    Awesome clinton, glad to hear you had such great luck. Welcome to CB!
    07-29-08 04:29 PM
    Ok, so its been 8 days since I applied my InvisibleShield. As I mentioned before the side pieces didn't even come close to fitting, so I left them off. My hands were spotless when I applied it (after washing with dish soap, then topping that off with rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer), and yet there are still streaks and an "orange peel" effect. I emailed the IS people 5 days ago about it, and requested a free replacement, but do you think they responded? Nope. I'm still waiting for a reply email.
    The one we applied to my daughter's iPod went on perfectly and she's thrilled with it. My screen is clear, but when looking at it from an angle, I can see the orange peel-esque pitting and it drives me nuts.
    I've since ordered a BSE (after knocking myself upside the head for not having used them to begin with), and it arrived 2 days ago. I've put it aside, figuring I'll let the one that's on there either wear out or peel it off and use the replacement from IS, should they ever decide to respond to my email.
    I showed it to a friend of mine who works for the Lexus dealership where I bought my car and he told me it's made of the same stuff that the "invisible bra" on my car is made out of. I told him how I applied it and he looked at it and said "Yeah, there's no bubbles in it at all, and you applied it evenly, but it has a lot of pits in there. They should replace it". So, at least I'm not insane (totally).
    Anxiously awaiting the IS replacement, but a trusty BSE is waiting in the wings.
    When I go to reapply the new one, I will certainly be referring back to this post. Thanks again, Sultan and Redwings for giving us such wonderful info / demonstrations.
    07-30-08 01:43 AM
    Thanks to this thread my screen bse looks great! i had it all set up like i was performing an operation too. i even did it in a steamy bathroom! Ha

The one i freaked about was when, after 10 minutes, i tried to smooth and stick the flaps down. They just wouldn't stick down. You definitely have to wait 20-30 minutes before they are dry enough to stick to the sides!

i was glad to have this thread to refer back to so i didn't freak long.

As an fyi i use a silicone case and it works good.

Bse (and this thread) gets a thumbs up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-31-08 at 11:17 AM.
    07-31-08 11:15 AM
    hey all, so it's been a little while with my BSE, and to be fair, I wanted to give out pics of what it looks like today. I'm finding that the corners are starting to get "gunky" (which is a technical term of course). Unfortunately, this means the adhesive isn't as good as before, if I press lightly on the corner it will move easily. In fact, the corners at the top of the screen I just cut off (which almost looks worse!).

Anyway, here's a pic, I realize I didn't need the arrows, but I was playing on photobucket!

08-01-08 05:03 PM
    Thanks for writing this thread, it made my application a lot less stressful. Mine is still drying out....I did it about 3 1/2 hours ago, figure I should at least give it til in the morning. I just did the screen, as I have a hard plastic case (might be getting a different one as I'm not real sure about it)....anyway I just wanted to say thanks!
    08-02-08 10:37 PM

theres a pic of how its gonna look in a few months. i live in a smoke free house and it still turns yelloow. deff gonna stay with clear protector. theri stuff dont turn yellow.
    08-02-08 10:54 PM
    Thanks Mike, can you just confirm that your pic is of a BSE though, and not another company's. Just to be fair
    08-02-08 11:01 PM
    BSE's are better than invisibleSHIELD. I have experience both... Lol I'm actually running a hybrid! But the piece cut out for the screen of my curve on invisi does not fit right, but BSE's fits PERFECT, to a T
    08-02-08 11:05 PM
    Thanks Mike, can you just confirm that your pic is of a BSE though, and not another company's. Just to be fair

there u go slick. and please dont tell me i just printed that up for the **** of it lol. thats the recipt from the bse. and yes it is a bse.
    08-02-08 11:12 PM
    Wow, I just meant you could tell us it was a bse. I just didn't want other people to get confused that we were talking about all clear skins in general, as opposed to invisible shield.

Sorry you went to all that trouble, and I'm sorry you're so high strung.
    08-03-08 08:32 AM
    Lol. i think he was being creative with his reply not high strung.

Ps: i'm totally high strung so i feel the need to stick up for us!

Also, my screen bse is working awesomely. The silicone cover covers the edges so i don't think they'll be any issue with the corners lifting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 03:29 PM
    I just ordered mine today. Looking forward to use your tutorial when I get down to applying it.
    08-04-08 03:41 PM
    good news , bse is willing to replace my skin free of charge. they want a few pics which im sending , **** i insist to send it to them so they can check out whts wrong with it. but yea a good ending. i will buy their product from now on, cause they stand behind it even tho no fancy garnt. is in place like the other guys.
    08-05-08 12:11 AM
    Your face impression was just awesome lol
    Thanks for the tutorial
    08-05-08 03:09 AM
    This tutorial is an amazing visual aid when it comes time to applying your BSE!!

Be sure to follow these directions : Best Skins Ever Application Instructions

And refer to the pictures in this guide for assistance.

I found that using luke warm water (10 fl oz) with about a dime sized drop of liquid dish soap worked well for the application solution!

My tip is to excercise patience and devote an hour of time to do this (meaning you will not have your Berry for an hour )

This ensures all of the drying time is adequate and you get a nice, clean application.

Remember to always keep your fingers wet, especially when touching and applying the BSE. Also, if you smooth with some type of card, wet the card before you use it to smooth. This ensures the card has less friction on its edge and it will not grab the BSE and mess it up.

Now my post is getting long winded, but remember to "float" the BSE into position and then smooth with wet fingers (followed by the card if you prefer).

The most important thing is to wait about 10 minutes for 'overhang' pieces to dry and then simply press them into place and smooth them. If you attempt to do this while they are too wet, they will not stick and lead to frustration!

The best part about the BSE that is once you have it applied fairly well, it will self heal some of the blemishes within the first 2 days.
    08-05-08 07:40 AM
    how did you guys do about first cleaning your screen? i'm trying to avoid all fingerprints or lines (of gloss, dirt, whatever it is, i dont really know how to explain it) across my screen.

awesome tutorial btw too sultan, i plan to do mine today while watching tbs afternoon lineup.
    08-07-08 12:46 PM
    how did you guys do about first cleaning your screen? i'm trying to avoid all fingerprints or lines (of gloss, dirt, whatever it is, i dont really know how to explain it) across my screen.

awesome tutorial btw too sultan, i plan to do mine today while watching tbs afternoon lineup.
    I wiped my down with a microfiber cloth
    08-07-08 12:49 PM

I also wiped mine real good with just a BARELY damp microfiber. It's actually easier than you probably think to put on. I'm doing one for a friend this weekend in exchange for some cigars
    08-07-08 12:55 PM
    Sultan, how long did you wait until you turned yours back on?

The directions say 24 hours, but seriously, 24 hours without my crackberry? I don't think so...
    08-07-08 01:36 PM
164 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD