08-20-09 10:47 AM
164 1234 ...
tools
    Nice write up bro!!!!!
    07-18-08 11:00 PM
    And some pictures of the final product:

07-18-08 11:13 PM
    07-18-08 11:15 PM

That looks great. I'm expecting mine any day. I'll keep you posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 11:47 PM
    Great pics RedWings! I agree completely, Popeyes is a no go before starting a project requiring patience!
    07-19-08 12:26 AM
    Just ordered one today for my new Red Curve that arrives Monday.
    07-19-08 10:59 AM
    You won't be disappointed!
    07-19-08 11:51 AM
    Hey fellow Crackers,
    I have a questions. Has anyone noticed dirt accumulating between the skin stickers? It is drivin the OCD in me nuts. Still love the product - no scratches but the grime is making me shake.
    Anyone else? What did you do? Does the shield cover in one sheet?

07-20-08 08:21 PM
    There is one spot on the corner where it must've peeled back a bit (maybe while shoving it in my pocket) and something (green lint?) got underneath it. It looks a bit unsightly and doesn't stick as well as it originally did in that spot. The edges to tend to collect some dust, not enough for me to get upset about.

The world is not perfect, I'm not perfect, and nothing I ever own will be perfect. That is to say, there will always be something that I desire to change. I've learned to let the little stuff like some dust on the edge of my BSE go. I was bummed at first but I'm over it.
    07-20-08 08:24 PM
    I still have the rainbowish stripes in the screen and its been 48 hours. So i'm guessing I got a bad screen from BSE or I didn't apply it correctly.

I do have a IS on order (I ordered it before the BSE and it still isn't here) and will see how that one works out for me.

As for lint/dirt accumulating along the edges, I can see how this could happen. I keep my curve in the OEM pouch. But I can see from the times I just threw it in my pocket how easily those edges collect lint and such.

But i'd rather just take an old, dry, soft toothbrush to those edges once in a while instead of not being protected at all.

So far I love the BSE. You can barely tell its there unless you look closely.....or the 'grippy' feeling it gives. A+ Product.
    07-20-08 10:14 PM
    very nice post Sultan, Thanks....
    07-20-08 10:22 PM
    Well, I got my InvisibleShield today, and have spent the last 2 hours applying it while cussing like a drunk sailor.
    Your BSE didn't seem to have as many tiny pieces as my IS did. The side pieces didn't fit, no matter how I tried them. The corners just wouldn't line up, and the buttons were not exposed properly. I finally gave up on the side rail pieces and just covered the screen, the back, top and bottom.
    If the previous posts are true and dust and/or grime collect in and around the edges, I'll be replacing it often. I'm almost like "Monk" when it comes to obsessing about my BB getting dirty.
    Next time, for sure, I'll get a BSE. The pieces look bigger and easier to apply than the IS ones. We'll see how it works.
    So far, this experience has been enough to p i s s off the Pope!
    07-22-08 12:16 AM
    BSE is awsome.....I took my time in applying the screen protector. Wiped it real good with clean cloth and even sprayed with compressed air to remove any lint or dust. But still, some little fuzz decided to come out of nowhere in the short 15 seconds in between then and application of BSE to ruin an almost perfect application!

Still, the screen looks great, and I'm already over the fuzz!!!
    07-22-08 12:33 AM
    There is one spot on the corner where it must've peeled back a bit (maybe while shoving it in my pocket) and something (green lint?) got underneath it. It looks a bit unsightly and doesn't stick as well as it originally did in that spot. The edges to tend to collect some dust, not enough for me to get upset about.

The world is not perfect, I'm not perfect, and nothing I ever own will be perfect. That is to say, there will always be something that I desire to change. I've learned to let the little stuff like some dust on the edge of my BSE go. I was bummed at first but I'm over it.

Same thing happened to me...the left top corner is lifting and has blue lint from my jeans...
    07-22-08 01:32 AM
    It's here! It's here! I can't wait to put it on. I'm chompin' at the bit. Since it requires lots of time and patience, I'll plot out time first thing Saturday morning and do it.

BTW, if for some reason in the distant future I want to take it off and reapply a fresh new one, will it be a hassle? Curious minds.

To be continued...
    07-23-08 10:55 AM
    So last night I peeled off my BSE Screen shield that had those vertical rainbow stripes and replaced it with another BSE that I was sent.

This time its crystal clear

I love my BSE
    07-25-08 10:42 AM
    Well, I'm glad that worked for ya! I wonder if water got on the underside or something? Write the company and ask if they know what might cause that so you can avoid the problem in the future.

In my experience, they have very personal customer relations and do right by them!
    07-25-08 10:56 AM
    It's here! It's here! I can't wait to put it on. I'm chompin' at the bit. Since it requires lots of time and patience, I'll plot out time first thing Saturday morning and do it.

BTW, if for some reason in the distant future I want to take it off and reapply a fresh new one, will it be a hassle? Curious minds.

To be continued...
    It seems like it just peels off, but I would certainly clean the device again real well to make sure no adhesive is left over.

Let us know how ya do!
    07-25-08 10:58 AM
    It seems like it just peels off, but I would certainly clean the device again real well to make sure no adhesive is left over.

Let us know how ya do!
    When I peeled mine off there was no residuwe left behind. I still cleaned it with rubbing alcohol just in case.

07-25-08 11:03 AM
    Well, I'm glad that worked for ya! I wonder if water got on the underside or something? Write the company and ask if they know what might cause that so you can avoid the problem in the future.

In my experience, they have very personal customer relations and do right by them!
    Well the rainbow stripes were there immediately after I installed it and never went away. My guess is that it was a bad batch of material. A few others have reported the same thing happening over at sprintusers

Last edited by RedWings; 07-26-08 at 07:32 AM.
    07-25-08 11:05 AM
    RedWings, thanks.

Well, I did it, I put my BSE on. I'm thrilled with the results. I was patient and totally ready. You would have thought I was about to perform brain surgery. I was so prepared thanks to you guys. The edges did give me a bit of a problem, but I let it sit for a minute or two then push them down -- perfect. Now that it's on I'll retire my case. Ill still use my OEM, but for the most part my red beautiful curve will be sported al naturale. Sultan, thanks for the tutorial, it really helped.
    07-26-08 12:27 AM
    Fyi. Don't use the OEM pouch for at least 48 hours. Having it in the OEM pouch plus being in my pocket caused the two edges that form the groove for the trackball to press against the screen for an extended period of time. When I looked at my screen, there were two rainbowish lines in the screen where the edges were

Good news is after a few hours they went away. My guess is this happened because it was installed for less than 24 hours.

07-26-08 07:29 AM
    Awesome posts! Thanks all for the tips! i ordered my bse yesterday. i got the one just for the screen as i have an orange silicone case on. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly!

07-26-08 07:58 AM
    I conned the wife into putting my BSE on my new Red Curve and I love it. I am following the advice to not use the factory pouch so i dont get any rainbow lines.
    07-26-08 11:41 AM
    Thanks 4 taking the time to show us how to apply the BSE. I only wish that I could have seen this before I tried to put one on my phone. I really messed mine up pretty bad. However I have ordered a new one and I will be right back here Sultan to watch how put yours on, and hopefully mine will look as good as yours. BTW I also like ur theme could u let me know where I can find it. Thanks Teri
    07-26-08 12:43 PM
164 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD