I upgraded from a pearl to this curve. I'm not a power user, so I don't need a lot. I don't travel so the tour was overboard. I did not like the screen ripple of it any way.
    At times I'm in dusty environment. I also walk on wet floors regularly. The curve feels solid enough for me. I went 2 month with no case and had no issues. But I knew I needed a good solid case and I have had an otterbox for another device. I put it on quickly on my way to work, it took a few minutes. The size was a comfortable. The next day I took the case apart and wiped the phone, screen part and keyboard protector down with rubbing alcohol.
    The screen is clear. I like the keyboard better. Though I had no issue with it before. The only thing I don't like is the cut out for the track pad. I can feel the edges while using the pad and I don't have quite the movable distance I did before. But for the protection ill make the trade off. The convenience keys work properly. All in all I like this case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 01:34 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for the review. I've been thinking of getting one also to protect my brand new 8530. The only thing I was concerned about was the ridges around the trackpad since I have big fingers and tend to do long movements on the pad. You got the form fitted keyboard guard on right? What kinda change of feeling does it give it?

Oh and how difficult is it to take off to do battery pulls?

Thanks

-Jordan

03-06-10 03:13 AM
    I currently use an incipio dermaSHOT.
    It's almost like the outterbox & It protects my blackberry.
    I am also thinking of getting the outterbox for me just because It is all everyone talks about. Lol
    03-06-10 03:32 AM
    You have to take the case apart and take off the keyboard protector for a bat pull. I do use the keyboard protector. I don't like the cut out for the track pad. But hopefully I get used to it.

03-06-10 04:54 AM
    I have an OtterBox Impact case and love it...it fits like a skin but thicker, very durable and came with a stick -on screen protector...been dropped about 6 times and no damage anywhere...except my heart skipping a couple beats!!
    03-06-10 07:27 AM
    You have to take the case apart and take off the keyboard protector for a bat pull. I do use the keyboard protector. I don't like the cut out for the track pad. But hopefully I get used to it.

alt-shift-del ...does the same
    03-06-10 07:28 AM
    here is a link to see my OtterBox ...at ebay...great seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=535297484016
    03-06-10 07:35 AM
    I've been using the otterbox defender with my 8530 since I got it (shortly after it came out) and it works great. I do not have any of those annoying echo issues that plagued my 8350i when it was in my otterbox. I think it's the best ruggedized case.
    03-06-10 08:28 AM
    I've been using the otterbox defender with my 8530 since I got it (shortly after it came out) and it works great. I do not have any of those annoying echo issues that plagued my 8350i when it was in my otterbox. I think it's the best ruggedized case.
    I agree... I went and picked up the otterbox the day I got my phone in the mail. Don't miss the 8350i either
    03-06-10 02:37 PM
    Love my Otterbox case. Got it a couple days after getting my phone. I don't have a keyboard protecter as that was not necessary for me. Defiantly worth the money!!!
    03-06-10 03:33 PM
    I have the otterbox commuter. Personally, this is the best case that I have used. It is basically a mix between the Impact, which is the soft skin case, and the well known defender.

The commuter consists of a skin case that easiliy slips over the phone, and a outer shell that the phone slips into once the skin is on. It's very low profile, so if you are looking for great protection but want to keep the sleek look of your BB, this case is awsome. It is also very easy to remove and clean the phone.

It also has full media, volume, and hot key, button coverage by the skin. This coverage does not effect the functionality of the buttons at all. It also comes with a screen protector. This case is actually less bulky than the links pictures below display.

Amazon.com: OtterBox Commuter Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Also, this case will fit very well into the seidio innocase belt clip for the BB 8330. I had this clip in a drawer collecting dust from my 8330 days, and when I got my Commuter case in I pulled it out, dusted it off, and voiia....it fit perfect. If you are not familiar with this belt clip/holster...here's a link for that too.

Amazon.com: Innocase Holster - For use with Blackberry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330/8900: Cell Phones & Service
    03-06-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD