Generally I don't like to put my curve in the case. However, I have to go out to work in the other cities of Thailand for a week. So I decided to try to put my Curve into the case...(my work is mostly outdoor with mud and woods :P)

Here is my question. I always put the curve in a sleep mode before I put it into the case. I just don't get why when I pull the Curve out from the case, it's always bright and ready to go without touching any button?? Moreover, I have tried to put my Curve back in the case without pressing sleep button, and it turns itself to sleep mode??

I'm not thinking that there is something wrong with my phone. However, I just want to know how it does that. Maybe some sensor?

Thanks
    02-10-08 09:58 AM
    Magnet in the case. That is what puts your bb to sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 11:09 AM
    Magnet in the case. That is what puts your bb to sleep.
    Maybe the above answer is a bit simple, but it is 100% accurate.

Some cases come with a build-inn magnet that activates the sleeper function on your BlackBerry. This can save you some battery power.

You can alter the behavior of your BB when "holstered" and "released" in -PROFILES-.

Personally I never take it out of the holster when people call me. I "pick up" by just pressing the pick-up button on my hands free set. The screen never lid up and save me some power.

Daruba.
    02-10-08 03:02 PM
    That's a great information. Thanks guys
    02-10-08 03:11 PM
    A great feature of the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD