My 8320 only works while connected to the computer via the USB Cable. When I disconnect the phone or I plug it in the wall charger it goes into a cycle, where the red light starts to flash, then the screen goes black, then a sand clock appears in the middle of a white screen for a few seconds for it to verify a security software to end the cycle and start all over again. Please help, the phone is brand new and the only thing that I have not tried yet to fix this is changing the battery. (Which Im going to do later today, but almost sure Its not the cause of the problem because it appears to be 100% charged)
    07-29-08 12:18 AM
    My 8320 only works while connected to the computer via the USB Cable. When I disconnect the phone or I plug it in the wall charger it goes into a cycle, where the red light starts to flash, then the screen goes black, then a sand clock appears in the middle of a white screen for a few seconds for it to verify a security software to end the cycle and start all over again. Please help, the phone is brand new and the only thing that I have not tried yet to fix this is changing the battery. (Which Im going to do later today, but almost sure Its not the cause of the problem because it appears to be 100% charged)
    ive actually heard of this happening before..

is yours a refurb?

or bought off ebay?

have you tried to whipe it and install a new os?

not sure how to go about it, but i kno ive heard it before, but havent heard how to fix.

gl and welcome to cb
    07-29-08 12:23 AM
    ive actually heard of this happening before..

is yours a refurb?

or bought off ebay?

have you tried to whipe it and install a new os?

not sure how to go about it, but i kno ive heard it before, but havent heard how to fix.

gl and welcome to cb
    Yes. Bought off ebay. Please help.! I've not tried yet to whipe it and install a new os, because i don't know how to proceed..
    07-29-08 01:16 AM
    try turning wi fi off and see where it gets you.

but if all else fails,

to get the right OS, at the top of this curve forum, theres a link to the newest 8320 OS, download it.
    07-29-08 01:40 AM
    And after you get copies of the newest desktop manager and the new OS, follow the link below to get instructions to upgrade your OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 01:44 AM
    What the heck , here's the links to the new DM And OS. A couple of things to remember, when you dowmload the files, remember to save them to a folder on your desktop so you'll know where to find them. When you get ready to upgrade. Install them to your computer, delete the vendor file and start the upgrade. Don't do part and then come back to finish. When I went away, it always seemed to not work right.

Make sure you get the right OS - 4.5.0.52, and DM 4.5. You can post questions at the upgrade instruction page and bmc (all of us will help too) will help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-52-a-53316/

07-29-08 01:53 AM
    Look in the newbie section on here for reloading the os on a nuked berry

07-29-08 02:09 AM
    try turning wi fi off and see where it gets you.

but if all else fails,

to get the right OS, at the top of this curve forum, theres a link to the newest 8320 OS, download it.
    - Tried a different batterie and the cycle continues... Same thing with the wifi turned off.

Downloading the new OS, tet's where that gets me..

thnx for the help
    07-29-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD