Hi,

I set my 8520 to be muted while it's in its case, because I easily forget to set the profile to silent. However, I also tend to lock my keyboard or use standby mode when I put it in its case and these two don't seem to go together...
    If I put it in its case without locking it, it's muted just like I want it to be. However, if I lock the keyboard (or put the phone on standby) and then put it in its case, it'll still ring when someone calls me or sends me a text message.

Why is this? Can't I both lock the keyboard AND automatically mute it while the phone's in its case?
    04-22-10 11:44 AM
    Hit ALT+L SHIFT+H and tell us which OS version you are running, so we can try to find a step-by-step solution.

What I can advise as right now is editing your profile so that the In Holster settings keep the device silent.
    04-22-10 12:13 PM
    The OS version says 4.2.0.135

As for the profile settings, everything is set so that the phone is silent while in its holster and that works just fine, except it doesn't seem to follow these setting when I lock the keyboard... As soon as the keyboard is locked and the phone is in its holster, it ignores my settings and uses sound!
    04-22-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD