So i updated to a hybrid a coupe of weeks ago. I dont think thats the problem because the head phones have worked after that. But today i decided i was going to download pandora. I installed it and made a new station. I hit play and the music came out of my speakers not my headphones. I tried playing music through the actual media player and same thing. Did a battery pull. Same. Uninstalled Pandora and did a battery pull still nothing. Ideas?
    04-12-10 01:36 PM
    bump... no one? Really?
    04-13-10 11:41 AM
    Within Pandora there should be a setting in the menu, same as for Nobex. There are several options on how to play radio or music and you have to check off headphones bc the default is set on speaker. Hope that helps. Its not your OS its within pandora. In Nobex its blackberry button, audio output. Don't use Pandora but I'd imagine its the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:47 PM
    that would make sense. but there is no option for that at least that i can find in pandora. The only thing under options is: Mobile Audio Quality, Bluetooth, Auto-play on start up, and account.
    04-13-10 05:46 PM
    Does this only happen in pandora or also in native media application? whatabout when you are in a call?

The only explanation is that you are trying to use two ring/band headphones or non-mic headphones and they have shorted out your headphone jack. At this point now you should just try using the included blackberry headphoines, any headphones with microphone, or a 3.5'' 3-ring microphone adapter which can be found on amazon.
    Last edited by saqer; 04-13-10 at 07:07 PM.
    04-13-10 07:05 PM
    Does this only happen in pandora or also in native media application? whatabout when you are in a call?

The only explanation is that you are trying to use two ring/band headphones or non-mic headphones and they have shorted out your headphone jack. At this point now you should just try using the included blackberry headphoines, any headphones with microphone, or a 3.5'' 3-ring microphone adapter which can be found on amazon.
    well turns out that i was using a pair of 2 ring head phones. i tried to plug in the blackberry ones as well, and they dont work either. So does that mean that i shorted my headphone jack? Does that mean i have to bring it to verizon and get a new phone?
    04-13-10 07:49 PM
    make sure that the headphones you are trying to use on your blackberry are working on other devices before taking ur phone to verizon. I had a similar problem except in my case both of the headphones i was trying were the culprits, and not the headphone jack.
    04-13-10 11:15 PM
    make sure that the headphones you are trying to use on your blackberry are working on other devices before taking ur phone to verizon. I had a similar problem except in my case both of the headphones i was trying were the culprits, and not the headphone jack.
    well i was using 2 ringed head sets, those stoped working. tryied my friends in hear head phones with 2 rings, those didnt work, and tried the original blackberry ones that i found and those didnt work. I know the head phones work for other devices since I use them in my laptop ect. Maybe i should wait till june when they discontinue the tour so they have to give me the tour 2
    04-13-10 11:58 PM
    Have you tried:

music> play a song and then push menu> activate headset

If menu option is "activate handset" then guess that's not the answer
    04-14-10 12:10 AM
    Have you tried:

W000T thats it. kinda wanted a scam to get a tour 2 but. o well now i can listen to music again. idk i guess somehow when pandora installed it switch that or something. thats man. Im only gana use the blackberry headsets from now on or some other 3 ring just to make sure i dont short it out.
    04-14-10 12:20 AM
    Have you tried:

W000T thats it. kinda wanted a scam to get a tour 2 but. o well now i can listen to music again. idk i guess somehow when pandora installed it switch that or something. thats man. Im only gana use the blackberry headsets from now on or some other 3 ring just to make sure i dont short it out.

btw will any 3 ring headphones work with the tour like these?:
    Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket 11mm Earbuds w/Mic CHROME at Snowboard Connection
    04-14-10 12:31 AM
    You welcome. I remember having a similar problem a time back when using the blackberry headset, answering the phone and then not able to hear nuthin throught the earphones. Weird call till I figured it out.
    04-14-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD