I got my Music Gateway in, set it up and paired my 9930 last night using NFC...flawless. today, I must have done something when I was trying to create NFC tags. now I cannot pair by tapping using NFC. I can pair the 9930 and my Playbook using BT. I searched but could not find aany solutions.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-16-12 06:35 PM
    Once you have the initial profile setup, you no longer need to use NFC, just BT. NFC just sets up the initial BT profile.
    07-16-12 07:03 PM
    Yep, pairing is a one time thing. It should auto connect when you turn on BT.
    07-16-12 08:10 PM
    So when is the Music Gateway going to be available from Crackberry? I really don't want to pay the $25 shipping fee from the BlackBerry website.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    07-16-12 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the replies; however, this is confusing...

The instructions say to pair and unpair by tapping the gateway...the whole reason for the NFC.

Last night it worked. I paired and unpaired. I wasnt sure if I could have corrupted the gateway or the NFC on my phone. However, I do know the NFC on the phone still works on tags.

Oh, well.
    07-16-12 09:21 PM
    Try pressing and holding the button on top of the gateway for 6 seconds, this clears the pairing list.

Then pair it again.
    07-16-12 09:40 PM
    papped - tried that several times. Have unplugged power, anything I can think of. It is like the NFC is screwed up in the gateway. Not sure if it can be reset.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    07-16-12 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD