So I've been reading up on car mounts, but what about us 2 wheelers? Any good bike mounts that you have used? I'd like to mount my Storm on my ride for the Garmin app. Thanks,
    Mitch
    02-06-09 04:40 PM
    I put mine in my tank bag in the cell phone holder so I can see through it.

But check these out: RAM Motorcycle Mounts

I've got some buddies who use these and have good things to say.
    02-06-09 04:43 PM
    LOL... Just get the cradle (not universal one, the one that ACTUALLY fits the storm) off eBay and suction cup it to the inside of your windshield. Sheeeesh come on dude!
    02-06-09 04:44 PM
    Dang, just realized that I always ride with gloves and it will be impossible to manipulate the Storm screen, just like in the winter. I would probably just get a tank bag with a clear pocket as mentioned though to see if anyone calls or maybe have BBMaps running, which would be kinda cool. Hopefully GMaps will have GPS by then.
    02-06-09 04:47 PM
    My experience from mounting GPS's, cameras, and radar detectors on motorcycles is that eventually they all fail due to shock if you mount them on the handlebars. My Garmin is now mounted to my tank with 3M dual lock. It almost requires tools to pry the thing off, but it still manages to jump free once in a while due to bumpy roads. Fortunately, I have it tethered so it doesn't get lost. Whatever method you pick, make sure it has plenty of shock absorbtion.
    02-06-09 05:26 PM
    I keep my BB Storm in the zippered pocket of my Aerostich jacket. It connects via bluetooth to the Garmin zumo gps make receive and make calls.

Ray

(2004 ST1300)
    02-06-09 05:35 PM
    LOL... Just get the cradle (not universal one, the one that ACTUALLY fits the storm) off eBay and suction cup it to the inside of your windshield. Sheeeesh come on dude!
    I am curous.....do you ride motorcycles? Is this how you attach your electronics?

As a biker of 30 years.....I'd never attach anything by suction cup to my windshield. It's bound to drop eventually. If you dont lose your electronics when it falls.....you'll likely at least scratch the bike. No go for me.....
    03-02-09 11:55 AM
    I am curous.....do you ride motorcycles? Is this how you attach your electronics?

As a biker of 30 years.....I'd never attach anything by suction cup to my windshield. It's bound to drop eventually. If you dont lose your electronics when it falls.....you'll likely at least scratch the bike. No go for me.....
    amen to that...you would have to be a moron to suction cup something to a bike and think it will stay

personally I ride to get away...mmmmmm all I want to hear is all 1800cc's roaring down an open road, no cell phone, no GPS...just go

'02 Honda VTX 1800C....lots and lots of motor mods
    03-02-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD