with my verizon package i got a headphone set that includes stereo ear buds and a mic (with a switch).
    i would like to cut apart the wiring and splice on another mic or at least be able to move that one away from the plug. where the ear buds are, i would like to cut them off and attach the wires to a 3.5mm plug.
    i have an aux input port on my car. i would like to plug the phone into it and have the phone MP3 music play thru the car speakers. also i would like to play pandora thru the car speakers. i can do this with just a male/male 3.5mm cable but i was hoping to attach a mic so i could also use the system as a hands free hook up.
    anybody here do anything on the wiring side or can you point me in the right direction? which wires coming out of the plug go to the mic, left channel, right channel, ground? and on the 3.5mm plug, which portion handles the mic, and speakers and ground?
    thanks for any help
    dog
    10-30-09 09:26 PM
    with my verizon package i got a headphone set that includes stereo ear buds and a mic (with a switch).
    i would like to cut apart the wiring and splice on another mic or at least be able to move that one away from the plug. where the ear buds are, i would like to cut them off and attach the wires to a 3.5mm plug.
    i have an aux input port on my car. i would like to plug the phone into it and have the phone MP3 music play thru the car speakers. also i would like to play pandora thru the car speakers. i can do this with just a male/male 3.5mm cable but i was hoping to attach a mic so i could also use the system as a hands free hook up.
    anybody here do anything on the wiring side or can you point me in the right direction? which wires coming out of the plug go to the mic, left channel, right channel, ground? and on the 3.5mm plug, which portion handles the mic, and speakers and ground?
    thanks for any help
    dog
    I'm not very knowledgeable in electrical engineering, but I would say your best bet is to use a multimeter. I think that's the only way to be 100% sure which voltages are coming out of which wires.
    10-31-09 12:16 AM
    You don't need to do all of that for a hands free setup. Just use the standard 1/8" audio jack to output the audio to your car. For calls, set the phone to speakerphone mode and the Storm will use it's built-in mic and output your caller on your car's speaker.
    10-31-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD