02-14-09 11:11 PM
52 123
tools
    [u]simply Foolishness!!!!!!!![/u]
    02-04-09 05:01 PM
    That looks like it would make your bb heavier then ****.
    02-04-09 07:33 PM
    I want one!
    02-04-09 08:16 PM
    I found these cases on CASES.COM - IPAQ IPHONE POCKET PC BLACKBERRY PALM PDA TREO SMARTPHONE CASES and also Apple iPhone 3G, HTC, BLACKBERRY PDair Leather Case, Metal Case, Crystal Case, Silicon Case, Stylus, Screen Protector, Mobile Accessories - PDair.com , seems like it's one of Pdair's or something. I emailed the question through though, because they dont mention that on their site.
    02-05-09 06:29 AM
    It's nice to know that the designers of the Yugo have found a new place to work.
    02-05-09 07:27 AM
    ZOMG!!!!111 You may actually have to OPEN the FLIP TOP case to use the phone when you have it IN USE and not being PROTECTED while NOT IN USE?!?!?!

OH THE HORROR!

/obvious sarcasm
    02-05-09 07:30 AM
    I can tell you from my look at the pictures I don't want this one. Thanks for the heads up.
    02-05-09 07:48 AM
    Not only would I not want to open the case every time but if I did, the buttons are on the wrong side of the phone... When I'm in landscape, I want my hardware buttons on the right as I am right handed...

Thanks for the review!!!
    02-05-09 08:39 AM
    Not bad actually.

I am pretty sure this wouldn't be any less difficult or convenient to open/close as a leather pouch case and the phone can still be used right in the case.

Might come in handy for traveling.
    02-05-09 08:52 PM
    I just got this case today. I did not get it off ebay, but the description said nothing about the plexiglass screen in the front. When I purchased it i just assumed there was an opening for the touch screen, didn't even know a covering was there. I don't know if I could get a refund but I might just try and pop out the screen to see what happens.

It is actually a pretty nice case and it doesn't add any weight to my Storm at all really. Not that I noticed anyway. Seems like it would protect it well and the hinge looks pretty secure. It is definitely less bulky than the otterbox defender. It is a pain in the *** to open and close the front thought.

I know it would be compromising protection in a way but I use screen protectors anyway so I don't know if it would be too much of an issue.

I just received my first call with the case on while I was typing this and the sound was great. No issue on that part at least and the plexiglass kept my face off the screen. So maybe it is there for a reason.

I'll try it out and decide if I want to pop out the plexiglass. I'll report back.
    02-05-09 10:07 PM
    It makes the Storm all nice and toasty when talking on it for a while
    02-05-09 10:49 PM
    I have a stupid question... if you already have a screen guard on why not just take off the clear plastic from the case?
    Its a simple fix for the vendor too... remove the plastic from the case and ship it with seperate screen guards.
    And eat the cost.
    Last edited by nulldog; 02-13-09 at 12:29 AM.
    02-06-09 10:24 PM
    I had something similar to this for my treo.

the concept being that you can "read" things through the plexiglass & open the case to use the screen. of course the treo.

I found it protected my treo better than several other cases, but was a pain as you had to get used tof olding the door back out of the way (treo one I had was double hinged).

I really don't think I'd like using a case like this fro the storm. If you break the plexiglass out (and for my treo there was a model that had the screen open to touch) you are removing a level of protection teh case provides.

the only good thing is some versions of my case were built with Media card slots to help store/carry your spare cards.
    I had that some one for my Treo as well. Double hinge and all. Good protection but ugly as sin and cumbersome to use.
    02-06-09 10:53 PM
    Stupid question... if you already have a screen guard on why not just take off the clear plastic from the case?
    Its a simple fix for the vendor too... remove the plastic from the case and ship it with seperate screen guards.
    And eat the cost since your screwed up the design to begin with.
    But they built the case that way. So no they did not screw up the design.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 10:56 PM
    I'm debating if I should keep the case or not. Its a bit of a pain in the *** to open and close but it does protect it well and it doesn't really add bulk to the storm. Any one else have it? Any thoughts?
    02-09-09 11:25 AM
    Remove the cover the screen protector.

02-09-09 01:31 PM
    I tried to remove the plastic but it seems like it is glued in or something.
    Lol. What a wierd design...
    02-09-09 01:36 PM
    That case is actually perfect for me since I take my phone when I go mountain biking. You never know when you are going to crash and hurt yourself and/or your phone and need to call 911 or have your gps coordinates. At least this way one of us would probably survive, most likely the phone.
    02-10-09 12:19 PM
    Aside from the lack of touch screen use what is the quality of the case? Is the hinge operation smooth? Is the neoprene inside securely attached and covering the important parts of the phone? How sturdy is the Plexiglas on the front? I don't really care about the clip because I'll never use it. But an aluminum case with a sturdy screen covering is just what I need.
    02-10-09 12:28 PM
    It is well made but poorly engineered. It is of no use to me and I will return it. Can someone tell me if the Otterbox is the same way or can you use the touchscreen while it is closed?
    02-14-09 04:59 PM
    I picked up this case on Ebay for about $22 shipped. It took 3 days to arrive which is pretty good. It came in a nice box and wrapped up to prevent scratching. Included in the box was the case, a screw in nub, and a belt clip. The case is well made and seems to clip together and hold well. The inside is lined with a nice foam rubber. It has cutouts for all the buttons on the storm except the most important one. They made no provision for access to the touch screen with the case closed. The screen is visible but covered by a thick layer of plexiglass. I am not sure if this was a design flaw or just stupidity. It is a touch screen phone. If it wasn't for this it would be a pretty nice case. I am going to attempt to get my money back but I doubt that is going to happen.
    Take a hair dryer and warm up the aluminum frame around the plexiglass window, and gently push it down. I did this to my aluminum case for my former PDA (XV6700) and worked good.
    02-14-09 05:40 PM
    I like how folks say its a design flaw. I've got one order and plan removing the lens. Thanks for tip on removing it.with the lens removed was still sturdy?

02-14-09 06:05 PM
    I think the OP bought a chinese knock off. The original shown on their website looks more authentic.
    02-14-09 06:45 PM
    Trying to be a OtterBox...
    There is none better for protection !!!
    02-14-09 06:48 PM
    I bought the monaco case a few weeks ago from daydeal.com and returned it after I opened the packaging, they returned my money no questions asked 2 days later. I then bought the innocase 1 instead, which is great since I use a plastic sheet protector with it to protect the screen from dust/water/scratches.
    02-14-09 07:06 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD