02-14-09 11:11 PM
52 123
tools
    I picked up this case on Ebay for about $22 shipped. It took 3 days to arrive which is pretty good. It came in a nice box and wrapped up to prevent scratching. Included in the box was the case, a screw in nub, and a belt clip. The case is well made and seems to clip together and hold well. The inside is lined with a nice foam rubber. It has cutouts for all the buttons on the storm except the most important one. They made no provision for access to the touch screen with the case closed. The screen is visible but covered by a thick layer of plexiglass. I am not sure if this was a design flaw or just stupidity. It is a touch screen phone. If it wasn't for this it would be a pretty nice case. I am going to attempt to get my money back but I doubt that is going to happen.
    02-04-09 12:41 PM
    lolllll what on earth
    02-04-09 12:49 PM
    just take out the plastic
    02-04-09 12:56 PM
    Whoa....yeah I'll be passing on that.
    02-04-09 12:57 PM
    WTF? You can't even use the screen! LOL.
    02-04-09 01:00 PM
    That plastic just has to be removable lol. There's no way they did all that design and leave the screen unusable.

If so, that's ridiculous.
    02-04-09 01:16 PM
    I tried to remove the plastic but it seems like it is glued in or something.
    02-04-09 01:22 PM
    LOL sorry about that........ Thanks for the heads up..... touch screen yes, but don;t freaking cover it lol
    02-04-09 01:25 PM
    Are you still able to use the screen via touch? You should still be able to use the screen, that too nice of a case and company not to have thought about that. Maybe it conducts heat like normal?????
    02-04-09 01:30 PM
    Brutal....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 01:34 PM
    I'd be surprised if the clip keeps the case shut. I bought an iPod case very similar to that one and it always opened up on me.

I didn't get my money back because shipping it back would cost more than I bought it for.
    02-04-09 01:49 PM
    Are you still able to use the screen via touch? You should still be able to use the screen, that too nice of a case and company not to have thought about that. Maybe it conducts heat like normal?????
    that may be possible, but theres no way you can click.
    02-04-09 01:50 PM
    I had something similar to this for my treo.

the concept being that you can "read" things through the plexiglass & open the case to use the screen. of course the treo.

I found it protected my treo better than several other cases, but was a pain as you had to get used tof olding the door back out of the way (treo one I had was double hinged).

I really don't think I'd like using a case like this fro the storm. If you break the plexiglass out (and for my treo there was a model that had the screen open to touch) you are removing a level of protection teh case provides.

the only good thing is some versions of my case were built with Media card slots to help store/carry your spare cards.
    02-04-09 02:06 PM
    I suppose like some people said, you could knock the plastic out. If it's glued, try prying it off, or just get your money back. One question....isn't that darn thing heavy? Seems like alot of bulk, and alot of trouble.
    02-04-09 02:14 PM
    i think the plastic is prob removable that just doesnt make sense i suggest try taking the glass out or get your money back and if all else fails you could always put your storm in it to watch movies or something lol
    02-04-09 02:42 PM
    This is way the ebay descriptions says
    Protect and personalize your BlackBerry Storm with this Monaco Metal Case. Form fitting light-weight anodized aircraft-grade aluminum case fits your phone perfectly. Clear window covers and protects the screen - open the metal case to access the touch-screen. Case has an opening for front buttons which lets you answer and talk on the phone without opening the case. Also has openings for side buttons, camera, speakers, charger and data cable ports. Interior is lined with padded neoprene that protects your phone from minor bumps and shock. Integrated swivel belt clip is detachable so you can go with or without a belt clip. A genuine Monaco product so it is not a flaw u want use screen open it up

02-04-09 02:59 PM
    But if was me I'd see if u could remove the screen

02-04-09 03:00 PM
    Well, it is partly your fault since the ebay description clearly says, "open the metal case to access the touch-screen." I doubt you'll get your money back. Some sellers do have satisfaction guarantee so you may just be able to get your money back by telling them you don't like the case.

When I first read the post, I thought it was just stupidity on their part. Many case makers do make their cases off dummy phones because they don't want to invest in the real thing so there is a possibility that they didn't realize that it is a touch screen phone. But I guess this isn't the case with this one.
    02-04-09 03:15 PM
    One thing I've learned about most of the cases they sell on ebay, their cheaply made and they usually don't last that long. If your going to buy a case spend the extra money and buy something that has received good reviews on this forum.
    02-04-09 03:42 PM
    Well, it is partly your fault since the ebay description clearly says, "open the metal case to access the touch-screen." I doubt you'll get your money back. Some sellers do have satisfaction guarantee so you may just be able to get your money back by telling them you don't like the case.

When I first read the post, I thought it was just stupidity on their part. Many case makers do make their cases off dummy phones because they don't want to invest in the real thing so there is a possibility that they didn't realize that it is a touch screen phone. But I guess this isn't the case with this one.
    The description I have says nothing like that. He may have changed it though. He offered a refund anyways.
    02-04-09 04:13 PM
    It's too bad about the design. The case looks pretty cool. The idea is similar to some leather cases with a flap, but I don't dig opening a door/flap to use the touch screen.
    02-04-09 04:19 PM
    This was obviously made in China.
    02-04-09 04:20 PM
    what in da world...
    02-04-09 04:43 PM
    This was obviously made in China.
    The Sticker on the side of the box says it was!!
    02-04-09 04:54 PM
    All the pictures of those cases should say fail on them haha.

Submit it to the failbog website.
    02-04-09 04:55 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD