Wanted to share with you my custom setup using the Otterbox Defender Series for the 9000. As most people do, I threw away the inner clear plastic membrane because its difficult to see the screen, remove and replace, and worst of all feedback while speaking without bluetooth. However, if you purchase the type of screen protector that you have to remove two layers of plastic from before you apply it, the Otterbox works fantastic and has screen protection. I use the screen protector from an LG touch and trim it to size with scissors. So far I've had the same protector on here for 2 months and I'm pleased with my setup and wanted to share. One thing that bugs me about the Otterbox...the darn outer rubber skin always gets loose around the bottom front and the ribbed backing right under the otterbox logo. This angers me, but I think I found out what causes it...heat. Up until two weeks ago, the rubber skin was fine, nice and tight, then my car mount broke and I had to lay my bold on my dashboard for the last 2 weeks and it was subjected to direct heat from my vehicles vents. Now all of a sudden, my Otterbox rubber skin is loose. I'm going to have to buy another one soon. So far this is my second otterbox defender and the same thing happened to the first one (it was a curve 8330) only that rubber skin was ridiculously loose to the point where I couldn't even use the holster. the holster for the 9000 otterbox is also semi useless because the phone sticks in the holster and causes the rubber to stretch. I never use the holster for fear it will ruin the rubber skin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 06:57 PM
    You should email Otterbox.

They gave me a free outer skin after I complained about it being loose.
    05-03-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD