i posted this in another thread on the regular seidio spring clip holster, but figured i'd post in a new thread so it might help someone.

standcm12 realized the seidio innocase holster (for use with innocase [ii] surface cover) doesn't allow the storm to be charged when in the hoster. that is true, but it looked to me like a simple mod would make it possible.

The problem (hoster in the way):

Target identified with pencil mark:

Target eliminated with dremel:

Test confirmation success:

hope that helps someone else!

01-03-09 08:59 PM
    um... i aint got no tools... whats a dremel? Not sure I wanna cut up a new piece of accessory. Boo on seidio covering it!
    01-03-09 09:16 PM
    go to any lowes or home depot and see the little dremel tools and the billion attachments for it.

dremel - not just a tool, it's a lifestyle.

but more seriously, it's a very high speed rotary battery powered (or plug in) tool that's very handy for cutting, grinding, sharpening, fine sawing, routing, etc.
    01-03-09 09:20 PM
    I performed the same mod on my case earlier today. I use an iGo charger with the replaceable tips. Works great after hitting it with the dremel tool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 09:25 PM
    cool Montauk17 - glad to see i'm not the only one who's nuts.
    01-03-09 10:11 PM
    If you don't have a dremmel tool you can also just use a round file......Thats how I fixed my sons.
    01-03-09 10:25 PM
    If you don't have a dremmel tool you can also just use a round file......Thats how I fixed my sons.
    I hope that's not like fixing your dogs
    01-03-09 10:59 PM
    Rotflmao:d
    01-03-09 11:10 PM
    wow, great idea. I may do the same thing
    01-04-09 12:50 AM
    um... i aint got no tools... whats a dremel? Not sure I wanna cut up a new piece of accessory. Boo on seidio covering it!
    You could always GOOGLE the word dremel?
    01-04-09 12:53 AM
    You could always GOOGLE the word dremel?
    that's too easy. or uh, try dremel.com DOH!
    01-04-09 01:43 AM
    Thank you all for your input regarding the charging port...your opinions are very important to us. I will forward your suggestions to our engineering group for future developments.

Thanks,
    01-05-09 04:14 PM
    But it doesnt do any good for those who already own the case
    01-05-09 04:38 PM
    But it doesnt do any good for those who already own the case
    what's to stop you doing what i did? it's trivial.
    01-06-09 11:00 AM
    what's to stop you doing what i did? it's trivial.
    Because not everyone has the tools or want to go out and buy the tools just to mod the holster and never use it again. If I had the tools or the money to spend on tools and never use it again, I would.
    01-06-09 11:04 AM
    Great idea, borrowed my buddies dremel, matched the size of an attachment perfectly and did it without problems. Took me about 30 seconds and literally looks like it was there when I purchased, PERFECT!
    01-14-09 10:26 PM
    Thank you all for your input regarding the charging port...your opinions are very important to us. I will forward your suggestions to our engineering group for future developments.

Thanks,

A hole in the Holster where the LED is would be helpful also so you can see the LED blinking when it is in the holster!!!
    01-14-09 10:54 PM
    dremels are sexy!
    01-14-09 11:10 PM
    For the amount of money I spent on this case, I shouldn't have to do this; which is why I went to best buy, to purchase a case for 1/2 the price, that was engineered by those who put some thought into their design. Thus, I will never purchase a Seidio product again. I am disappointed...
    01-15-09 12:24 AM
    For the amount of money I spent on this case, I shouldn't have to do this; which is why I went to best buy, to purchase a case for 1/2 the price, that was engineered by those who put some thought into their design. Thus, I will never purchase a Seidio product again. I am disappointed...
    nice absurd overreaction. get over yourself.
    01-15-09 12:33 AM
    Great idea, borrowed my buddies dremel, matched the size of an attachment perfectly and did it without problems. Took me about 30 seconds and literally looks like it was there when I purchased, PERFECT!
    way to go! still loving mine.
    01-15-09 12:34 AM
    I would say that any other case or holster for the Storm in my opinion is no where near as nice as the Seidio Innocase II or Holster. The appearance is subtle, the spring clip holster is great, unfortunate for the slight design flaw, most can get past it by simply taking phone out of holster. Compared to the Verizon Holster, Seidio is way better quality
    01-15-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD