Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on this product, whether it fits nicely in the OEM blackberry Torch Holster, whether it scratches the bezel of the phone , etc?

I just want to hear what you guys have to say before I go ahead and purchase this product off of CB store?

any help would be great.
    10-10-10 09:32 PM
    I have one and it works fine. No scratching and has a much smaller footprint than the otterbox. I don't use a case so no comments there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 09:50 PM
    I also would like to see some reviews, or better yet, a side by side comparison of the cases available for the Torch. While I am an OtterBox fan, I have heard some negative comments about the OtterBox for the Torch. While this is due to the slider design of the Torch more than an OtterBox issue, I'm somewhat hesitant to purchase without some positive feedback from the users themselves.
    10-10-10 09:53 PM
    I just received my mobi case. I had the Case-Mate case before and returned it because Best Buy didn't have any other colours but black. The Mobi case does essentially the same thing, but it attaches differently than the Case-Mate. The bottom piece attaches on the top corners, whereas the Case-Mate hooks into the speaker opening. Also, the top piece of the Mobi does not fit as well as the Case-Mate. You can definitely feel the quality in the Case-Mate. The Mobi feels quite flimsy in comparison.

If you don't care about the colour, I would go with the Case-Mate over the Mobi.
    10-12-10 10:10 PM
    Had the Case-mate, but ended up going with the Mobi because of the top piece. On the Case-mate, it clips to the sides and bottom of the screen. The bottom clip causes the screen to ride up the bottom lip of the keyboard slightly so that whenever you hit the bottom four buttons or trackpad, the entire bottom of the screen moves up and down. Not sure how healthy this is for the sliding mechanism, having the bottom slightly pushed up. The back piece is also a pain to take off cause it clips right into the speaker hole. Feels like you're gonna rip the bezel off if you're not careful when you remove it.

Both have a rubbery texture and are very similar. The Mobi shows the gun metal bezel along the sides, while the Case-mate covers it up. I agree that the Mobi feels somewhat cheaper when compared side by side with the Case-mate, but once it's on the phone, it's rock solid.

Both will fit into the OEM holster for the Tour/Bold.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 10-12-10 at 10:34 PM.
    10-12-10 10:18 PM
    Mobi fits great and does the job for about $12! It will not fit in the OEM case or charge pod (a bummer), but if you bought the non-OEM Torch case sold at the AT&T store (before the OEM was released), it will fit (snugly) in that case.
    10-12-10 10:23 PM
    I have been using the pocket pouch and OEM holster and they are both nice. I just got my hardshell from Mobi yesterday and I am pretty happy with it. The fit is good and it also seems to reduce any slight wobble that I had. Gonna use the hardshell for a couple of days and see how it goes..... Can't beat the price for it so I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for some protection.
    10-13-10 07:27 AM
    Had the Case-mate, but ended up going with the Mobi because of the top piece. On the Case-mate, it clips to the sides and bottom of the screen. The bottom clip causes the screen to ride up the bottom lip of the keyboard slightly so that whenever you hit the bottom four buttons or trackpad, the entire bottom of the screen moves up and down. Not sure how healthy this is for the sliding mechanism, having the bottom slightly pushed up. The back piece is also a pain to take off cause it clips right into the speaker hole. Feels like you're gonna rip the bezel off if you're not careful when you remove it.

Both have a rubbery texture and are very similar. The Mobi shows the gun metal bezel along the sides, while the Case-mate covers it up. I agree that the Mobi feels somewhat cheaper when compared side by side with the Case-mate, but once it's on the phone, it's rock solid.

I know you've had your Mobi for several days now, are you still happy with the fit of it? And are you seeing any of the "bounce" that you had before with the CaseMate? I ordered my Mobi on the weekend but don't have it yet.
    10-13-10 10:04 AM
    The issue I had was that the slider piece kept popping off when I pushed on it a certain way. After it coming off 4 times in the first day, I took it back.

10-13-10 10:28 AM
    The issue I had was that the slider piece kept popping off when I pushed on it a certain way. After it coming off 4 times in the first day, I took it back.

The issue that myself and Blackberry Guy had was that the where the case clipped onto the BB (along the underside of the front part of the top bezel) it actually lifted the top part of the BB up just enough that if you pushed down on it, it had a slight "bounce" to it, which can't possibly be good for the slider mechanism.
    10-13-10 10:32 AM
    @cestlavie77 - everything's still good. No bounce. For a $15 case I'm pretty happy.

@acwyau - instead of pushing on the case itself, try applying a little downward and upward pressure on the screen with your thumb to open the slider. I've noticed with most of these clip on cases that the clips are not very wide, so as to not interfere with the slide, so they're not gonna be super strong.
    10-13-10 11:17 AM
    @cestlavie77 - everything's still good. No bounce. For a $15 case I'm pretty happy.

@acwyau - instead of pushing on the case itself, try applying a little downward and upward pressure on the screen with your thumb to open the slider. I've noticed with most of these clip on cases that the clips are not very wide, so as to not interfere with the slide, so they're not gonna be super strong.
    Thanks for the update! I'm actually in the process right now of installing a BSE. I'm a little OCD and so far I've been at it for nearly an hour and I've just got the top parts on! lol
    10-13-10 11:59 AM
    I haven't used a Mobi case so I can't really how good it is. I can say though that I think that the Case-Mate case is crap. I bought one the day I got my Torch and took it off 3 weeks later only to find it scratched the s**t out of the bezel. So I exchanged the phone and now I have a naked berry : )
    10-13-10 02:05 PM
    I haven't used a Mobi case so I can't really how good it is. I can say though that I think that the Case-Mate case is crap. I bought one the day I got my Torch and took it off 3 weeks later only to find it scratched the s**t out of the bezel. So I exchanged the phone and now I have a naked berry : )
    Thanks for this, I was looking at the Case-Mate case. I'll scratch it off the list :P
    10-13-10 05:30 PM
    Thanks for the update! I'm actually in the process right now of installing a BSE. I'm a little OCD and so far I've been at it for nearly an hour and I've just got the top parts on! lol
    Those skins require a lot of patience, but well worth it when you get it on right
    10-13-10 09:07 PM
    So can you or someone else tell me if the OEM Tour/Bold case larger than the Torch OEM case? I too would like to have some sort of cover on my Torch be it the Mobi or whatever, but I'd ALSO like to have it fit inside a case AS WELL. If you use the Mobi on a Torch do you need to get a slightly larger case or can anyone comment on this definitively??
    10-20-10 11:49 PM
    So can you or someone else tell me if the OEM Tour/Bold case larger than the Torch OEM case? I too would like to have some sort of cover on my Torch be it the Mobi or whatever, but I'd ALSO like to have it fit inside a case AS WELL. If you use the Mobi on a Torch do you need to get a slightly larger case or can anyone comment on this definitively??
    Yes I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Torch fits inside the OEM Tour/Bold holster...because I put mine into my Tour holster sometimes.

The difference between the two holsters is the Tour/Bold one has stretchy sides, so it's a little more accommodating to phones with shells & skins on them.

But, I did notice that the Torch does not go into "in holster" mode when it's in the Tour holster...so I'm guessing the magnet doesn't quite line up.
    10-21-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD