04-04-10 12:41 AM
28 12
tools
    Does anyone know where I can get a good mirror screen protector for the 9700? I only see it for the Storm and 8900 and 9000 at handhelditems. For a gift, I bought one there for my friend who has the iPhone 3G and it says on the package that there would be no bubbles. Wonder if they have one for the 9700. Can anyone help?
    12-22-09 12:00 PM
    Do u want to see yourself when you use your device?
    12-22-09 12:02 PM
    I've seen these, they are only mirror when the screen is black. They are fully transparent when the screen is active. They are pretty slick in person!
    12-22-09 12:06 PM
    They say you can see the screen when you use it and when it dims, it'll look like a mirror.
    12-22-09 12:07 PM
    I have a package of 3 coming to me from ebay. My friend has mirror screen protectors on her phone & they look really sharp. I can't wait to get mine.
    12-22-09 01:32 PM
    I have a package of 3 coming to me from ebay. My friend has mirror screen protectors on her phone & they look really sharp. I can't wait to get mine.
    Any specific brand you know that's good? If you go to handhelditems and look at the one for the iPhone 3G, they have a video there and that one looks good.
    12-22-09 01:46 PM
    I have one on my 9700... came with a case that I bought from Bell. The case is pretty much identical to an iSkin.. but is a Bell Brand
    12-22-09 01:51 PM
    They are pretty slick. I installed one on my GF 8900 and she loves it. Works really well although it reduce the screen brightness some what. For example, I had her screen set at 40%. After installation of mirror screen, I had to increase it to 50%.

I got these a while ago from Amazon at much higher price then and now it is only $0.01 plus shipping

Amazon.com: High Quality Mirror Screen Protector Guard for BlackBerry Curve 8900: Cell Phones & Service

It is even scratch resistant
    12-22-09 01:59 PM
    Any specific brand you know that's good? If you go to handhelditems and look at the one for the iPhone 3G, they have a video there and that one looks good.
    Unfortunately I bought my protectors from ebay, & they didn't specify a brand. I'm hoping they'll be decent. If not, they were only $4 for 3 w/ fee shipping so it won't be too bad if they're not that great.
    12-22-09 02:18 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get a good mirror screen protector for the 9700? I only see it for the Storm and 8900 and 9000 at handhelditems. For a gift, I bought one there for my friend who has the iPhone 3G and it says on the package that there would be no bubbles. Wonder if they have one for the 9700. Can anyone help?
    the 8900 has the same size screen
    12-22-09 03:08 PM
    Clarivue has them and also has privacy screens search for them online
    12-22-09 03:25 PM
    I can't see the advantage of the mirror...
    12-22-09 05:51 PM
    I can't see the advantage of the mirror...
    The advantage would be for people, like myself, who wants to make sure they look decent and appropriate at all times lol
    01-05-10 12:19 AM
    Just in case anyone is curious, I DID NOT like the mirrored screen protectors!!! They were too thick & SUPER glarey. It was incredibly hard to see the screen, even indoors. Outdoors? Forget about it! I just took my screen protector off after weeks of using it & it's amazing how much better I can see!! I won't be making that mistake again!
    01-25-10 05:42 PM
    I use folix mirror screen protector, its scratch resistant. Iam very happy with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 06:25 PM
    Just in case anyone is curious, I DID NOT like the mirrored screen protectors!!! They were too thick & SUPER glarey. It was incredibly hard to see the screen, even indoors. Outdoors? Forget about it! I just took my screen protector off after weeks of using it & it's amazing how much better I can see!! I won't be making that mistake again!
    Totally agree. I left mine on for all of 10 minutes.
    01-26-10 06:48 AM
    I just put one of these on mine... Though I completely agree that it distorts the screen a bit, I find that its only if I move it around while looking at it. If I hold the 9700 at a certain angle, it's fine. And it looks soooo good when the screen is off since it kind of matches with the chrome. I kept it on for now to see if I get more used to it. I didn't actually buy it, it came in a package with a bunch of regular clear ones ao I decided to put it on and try it. The bonus of mirrored is that people to your sides can not read what you are tying so they are good for added privacy / security.
    02-22-10 02:47 PM
    I just can't imagine seeing myself & everything else as I try to type. Sounds distracting. Lol.

02-22-10 04:21 PM
    i see enouph of my ugly mug when i walk past a mirror thank you very much!
    02-22-10 04:35 PM
    Can't get enough of myself lol
    02-22-10 09:48 PM
    ... actually when you are typing you don't see yourself. It becomes translucent. Though it does distort the color a bit I think... like if you move the screen around while trying to look at it you can see a purplish tinge to it. But holding still at the right angle is ok.
    02-22-10 10:13 PM
    I purchased a mirror screen protector off eBay, but I didn't like it for the fact that it really showed fingerprints all the time. I replaced it with a Clarivue clear screen protector.
    02-23-10 12:55 AM
    does the 9700 screen protector adapt for the beveled edges of the screen? or is it just smaller than a 8900 protector?
    02-23-10 01:12 AM
    I have the mirrored screen protector on mine and the only prob is it shows up any marks on it. Bought it off ebay but I think a normal screen protector is just as gd

02-27-10 06:09 PM
    The reason I like the mirror ones are that when the screen is not backlit, it looks amazing with the chrome edges on the device! It does pick up fingerprints though, so I am often wiping it down
    02-27-10 06:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD