06-13-08 06:02 PM
40 12
tools
    Nice skin.Ta for putting the review up-its great2get fellow Crackberrys opinions.

I'm perusing cases etc at the moment but will prob go for a case rather than skin.
    I'm using the little. Slip in case that came free with it at the moment. Got a numpty question tho, what's a 'sleeper magnet' and what does it do? I've got a little magnet in my case and just wondered.

Cheers, Bx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 11:19 PM
    I have mine on for 2-3 weeks now and haven't noticed any marring or scratching, although when I took it apart the other day to show a friend how easy it is to take off and put on I did notice some lint behind the berry. I'll have to keep an eye out for this issue or maybe just put the Seidio Rubberized battery door on.
    Something I want to add, Im in the office 85% of time. The time I noticed it I was on a jobsite and because I was scared of the phone bumping out of the holster, I was sliding or putting it in my front pocket along with my hands probaly having dust and dirt on them. We do tunneling so I was also climbing down into a 20' deep pit, so Im sure the environment contributed to this. I will say that the fit and feel on both the curve and treo is great and the phone does not move around in it. However, it is not so tight that it is not possible for small particles to get in as it did with mine. The phone doesnt have to slide around, just enough pressure placed on the case to push the debris or whatever against the phone. Anyways, I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, because if you are like me, there is nothing I hate worse than a scratched phone-LOL
    06-09-08 11:42 PM
    you wont regret it! i think i'm going to get the rubberized battery cover next. the sound was always kinda muffled with no vents for the speaker except up top, but with the rubberized battery cover, its got the slots for the gsm versions of the curve. the openeing i've got on the back of the case will line up perfectly and the sound should be great!
    Just got my holster / skin combo this afternoon. Like everyone says, it feels buttery smooth. ERDude, you must have gotten lucky or the latest production runs got sloppy but my case has rough edges as well. Additionally, the side where you plug in the charger has uneven edges on the bottom half of the case. Overall the case is great...just thought I'd throw in a few picky details.

I'd like to take a smooth rat tail file to the case to clean it up a bit but I think I'd just end up wrecking it. I'd rank it 8 /10.
    06-11-08 03:48 PM
    Sadly, I had the extended battery version for two days, and dropped in the just the right place on the corner, and broke that corner. It also popped off leaving one scratch on my curve, luckily the scratch was more like a smudge and I got more off. Seidio told me to ship it right back for a new one, and the new one is in the mail. I was impressed with it while I had it though, it was probably the place it hit. We will see.
    06-11-08 06:03 PM
    i just had one of my corners come loose so to speak. seems like there are little "lips" on the inside that attach to the other side of the case when snapped together. i noticed that mine was popping open every now and then. i called seido, but they want me to pay to ship mine back, then wait 1 to 2 weeks to process, then i'll get my replacement! this has not made me happy at all! i'm probably gonna just let it go i guess. i got rid of all my other holders and dont have anything left to put it in for 3 weeks!
    06-11-08 08:12 PM
    Wow nice shots!!! And nice case.
    06-11-08 08:20 PM
    Yeah, my BB has been naked since last saturday, luckily I haven't dropped it. They just told me today they shipped me a new one, so that could take a while to get back. Makes me leery of buying another from Seidio for the 8100 i have coming.
    06-11-08 10:28 PM
    I have very high hopes for this case; the only thing I'm ever-so-slightly miffed about is paying an extra couple of bucks for 'Fed Ex Saver' shipping and it still taking 5 days to get here. Could've gone USPS for the same dough, I'm betting. Wish the website would list the estimated ship time of the "expedited" shipping.

Doesn't diminish my anticipation of what I expect to be an outstanding case, tho.

egg
    06-12-08 01:13 PM
    Thanks, Syang.

I should have said that I do recommend the case, highly. It's pretty perfect for what it's supposed to do, and I can't think of anything about it that I would change aesthetically.
    06-12-08 06:07 PM
    Just got mine today based on all the reviews at this website. It fits like a glove and protects it from any harm. Highly recommended!
    06-12-08 08:17 PM
    Looks great!!
    06-12-08 08:18 PM
    I wish to stand corrected; according to the FedEx tracking number, the case is out for delivery this morning (I only hope they don't require a signature, 'cause my dog doesn't write so good). Three days is pretty darn spiffy. Guess that'll teach me to look at the "estimated delivery date" on the FedEx site (which was Monday).

Looking forward to posting a glowing review.

egg
    06-13-08 10:47 AM
    I just got mine today and I love it! I was just wondering though, anyone know and easy way to take it off? I've been trying to but I keep think I will break it the way I'm doing it, and there is no removal instructions that came in the box.

Edit: Nvm I figured it out.
    Last edited by avt123; 06-13-08 at 12:43 PM.
    06-13-08 12:34 PM
    I strongly suggest dumping Fed Ex as your shipper. Their tracking of my shipment says it's been on a truck since 7 o'clock this morning - but I won't get it until Monday afternoon if I'm lucky.

Fed Ex SUCKS.
    06-13-08 05:42 PM
    I just got mine about 10 minutes ago! Had the hard rubberized case for my 8830 so I knew it was a great case for the 8330. I just love it. It's very well made, sleek, doesn't get stained with make-up when you hold up to make a call (important for females!) and it fits perfectly! I did pay A LOT more than I wanted with Seidio's rule that they need to use FedEx 2nd day shipping to Hawaii. But I couldn't wait for other resellers to get theirs in stock.

Regarding how to remove the case...what I do is, I get a thin credit card or something similar and I slip it in the groove on either side of the device. Just slide it up through the groove and it'll start opening up the case. Then you can just pull it apart. It's a little difficult, which I guess is good. You don't want the case to be loose and fall apart when you drop it. I've dropped my 8830 before and the case remained intact! Hope this helps.

If you're looking for an excellent, well-made case, this one will fit the bill!
    06-13-08 06:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD