first off, if this has been posted previously, i'm sorry to bring this topic back in the air.

ok i feel like i'm about to lose my mind with all these options! i'm looking for a microSD card for my tour, but didn't realize all the options there are! i was going to use my card that was on my old 8330, but realized that too was a 2GB. anyways, i don't know the differences between the different classes (class 2, 4, 6) and then there's the option of SD or SDHC!

i was thinking of getting a 16GB card, is that too high? i don't want to slow the device and if the memory card capacity will affect (or is it effect) the speed of the device i'd rather go with a lower memory. i store a lot of pics, have some music/ringtones and realized i can download movies obviously i'm not going to be downloading the whole blockbusters, but maybe a few movies

please help, thanks!
    01-25-10 05:41 AM
    class is the speed of the card. class 2 means it must be able to transfer at 2mb/s minimum, but may exceed that.
    SDHC is the designation for any card sized 4gb or higher, the tour can read both SD and SDHC.
    the size of the card will not slow down your device.
    good luck.
    01-25-10 05:58 AM
    Class/speed really seems to only make a difference, IMHO, when you are loading up your photo viewer, or writing a lot of data to the card (i.e., when you first copy a bunch of music to the card).

For my BB, I got a 16gb Class 2 card. I got the largest available (32gb may be out in the near future) so I would not have to lug my iPod around with me too. Regarding class.....I will likely get a class 6 card when I get my new digital camera. But for my BB, not really necessary.

Bascially, you should be fine with pretty much any Class 2 card. I did choose to go SanDisk, but PNY, Viking, etc., should all be fine.
    01-25-10 08:02 AM
    thanks so much, i really appreciate you guys taking the time to explain the class and SD vs SDHC thing to me!!
    01-25-10 02:42 PM
    I have an 8gb sdhc class 4 works great no issues.
    01-25-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD