Hi,

Im very new to Blackberry/crackberry, had my Storm 2 for around a month and love it but im in need of a memory card.

Im looking at either 8gb or 16gb, i would prefer the 16gb to be honest as i have a large amount of music and pictures.

Im a bit stumped with the SDHC - i read on some sites that cheap cards aren't worth it because they stutter under MP3 play back, yet others say they work fine, then there's Class's and that i need the fastest i can get (6 apparently?) but nearly everything i find is class 2....

So im looking at this one:

xxx.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQ-016G-E11M-microSDHC-16GB-Card/dp/B001F7AJKI/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260219894&s r=8-45]SanDisk microSDHC 16GB Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

OR:

xxx.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3564175/Sandisk-Micro-SD-HC-8GB-Memory-Card/Product.html (play is cheaper than Amazon but they dont do the 16gb card)

(sorry for posting a link when under the 10 post count, but i need to link to what im talking about...)

I don't care about the cost of the card (within reason) 33 for the 16gb is fine with me but i want to know if it's actually better than cheaper cards available and if i *need* a Sandisk etc etc...

Thanks!
    12-07-09 04:12 PM
    dont buy into the class bull**** especially if you just using it to store stuff on a cell phone.

Class is basically write speed/read speed.

it only matters on dslr camera's where you need to maintain fast write speeds for multi frame shooting.

on a phone its pointless.
    you might notice that it takes you 1min to upload a bunch of files but it wont effect playback or anything.
    12-07-09 09:32 PM
    The BlackBerry is standardaized at Class 2 speed. The only real benefit to a fasted class card comes when transferring data on a computer, where the speeds do come in handy.

SanDisk is fine, I use a Transcend media card, and I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 10:35 PM
    i've got a SanDisk 16GB class 2 and it works perfectly
    12-07-09 11:14 PM
    Hi,

So what sort of difference in write speeds would i be looking at between class 2/4 etc ?

Think i might just stump up for the 16gb Sandisk card.

Thanks again.
    12-08-09 02:56 AM
    i have an 8 gig class 6 in my tour and the only difference i have is when i open my picture thumbnails it is alotttt faster. but thats the only thing. i got it off amazon its a transcend,

i wouldnt worry too much about class in less than 8 gig but i think 16 gig cards the class will matter. just like usb drives the read/write speeds are effected dramatically when you increase from 32 to 64.
    12-08-09 03:26 AM
    I was reading reviews on Sandisk's 16gb class 2 card and the stats show it writes and reads faster than 2mb...?

Im not really bothered if the class 6 loads 2 seconds quicker than a class 2, i just want to make sure that it doesn't stutter with MP3 play back as that will be it's primary function.
    12-08-09 01:14 PM
    My Sandisk Class 2 16GB card works flawlessly and has never had any problems when I play music, watch movies, or look at pictures.
    12-09-09 12:32 PM
    my class 2 works fine as well
    12-13-09 10:40 AM
    I bought one the other day, Class 2 16gb Sandisk for 31 delivered
    12-13-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD