Does the class in the MSD really make a difference?
    Have found 8 GB class 2 really cheap and class 4 for 10 bucks more

Does the 16GB works with the Bold? not sure what class is the 16 but I beleive class 6...
    11-12-08 11:59 AM
    The class refers to the number of megabits per second that the card can transfer. Class 2 is 2mbs, class 4 is 4mbs...
    The Blackberry is a slow enough machine that the higher classes won't improve performance any. (Don't know about the 9000 though, as the Bold is too new of a machine)

Hope that helped.
    11-12-08 12:05 PM
    Actually, not quite troooo.

The Blackberry will work fine using a Class 2 device. Everything will work, no problem. However some things (file copy, etc.) will work faster when a Class 4 or 6 card is installed.

Have a look at the link in my signature about microsd cards. There's a lot of information and experiences in there.
    11-12-08 12:34 PM
    What would be the best one to use for a Curve? I need exact information, because I don't know much about it. If someone could help me out with it I'd appreciate it, I want a good amount of memory for apps/pictures/music/whatever else.
    11-12-08 02:54 PM
    An interesting question. You really should look at the thread I suggested last time because it is not only the Class of Media Card (that just dictates the transfer speed) but also the size of the card supported. This in turn is dictated by which version of the Curve Operating System you are running. All this is laid out in my thread as a chart for which OS supports which maximum size of card.

You cannot use apps that are on the Media Card. As its name suggests it is for media only. Apps must be installed in Device Memory.
    11-12-08 03:15 PM
    I'm trying to post a URL to one that I may purchase but it's not letting me because I need 10 posts.
    11-12-08 05:24 PM
    NewEgg.com is a great place... by the way the Bold should be able to work with a 16G chip, since the Bold uses a 4.6 OS:

BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 16GB
    11-12-08 05:36 PM
    I've got a 16GB chip on my Curve running 4.5.0.77 (Now .97)
    11-12-08 06:23 PM
    Thanks for your replies, specially Pete link was very usefull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD