ok, so i searched around a bit, but cant seem to find an answer to this. its a small problem, but one i'd like to fix if i can. when i have my bold in a holster (seidio) and i get a new message, text, email, etc.. i have the profile set to vibrate and tone. the problem is that sometimes i get some sort of message, and i hear feel the vib, but i'm busy with something and dont get to the phone for a bit. or the phone is on my desk and i'm doing something different when a message comes in. the phone will continue to vib over and over and over and over until i finally take it out of the holster. if i have the phone just sitting on my desk not in the holster this wont happen, but in the holster it does. kinda gets annonying sometimes. anyone know how to make the phone vib when the intial message comes in, and then not again? thanks!
    05-10-09 12:11 AM
    Cobra you just need to set you an advanced profile. Here's a great link on this how to...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    05-10-09 12:24 AM
    Yeah go into your profile and where it says number of vibrations...change it to 1..save and exit out and that should solve your problem.
    05-10-09 06:35 AM
    Menu - Profiles - scroll down to Advanced - Menu - Edit Profile - set the vibration count to 1 or 2
    05-10-09 06:59 AM
    If the changing of the Profile does not work, you may have an issue. How many times does the device vibrate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:03 AM
    i set the vibs to 1 and will see how it does. before i had them set to 2. to crackberrykills, it would vibrate for however long until i physically removed the phone from the holster! if i left the phone in the holster overnight, it would do it all night!!
    05-10-09 12:02 PM
    well, that didnt work either. it still continues to vibrate 2 times with an email after the initial notification and keeps going until i remove the phone from the holster.
    05-10-09 12:25 PM
    Ok have you done a battery pull after you set the profile??. If not try that then report back...also your not running an app something along the lines of berrybuzz, vibe n ring and the other one buzzme??.
    05-10-09 02:30 PM
    batt pull done, still no dice. i am running vibandring though. you think that might be it?
    05-10-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD