I have a custom contact alert for my wife's number on my Tour.

For some reason, when I recieve a text from her and the phone is in the holster, the phone only vibrates, and the tone will not sound.

All of the settings are set to: Active Profile for the alerts on her number.

Has anyone had this problem with any of their contact alerts?

All other texts recieved from other contacts will vibrate and the tone will sound as well.
    12-15-09 11:01 PM
    If you go to your sound settings, there is an option under volume where it says "Sound In Holster" and you can change that to yes or no. It may be automatically set to "no."
    12-16-09 02:08 AM
    It's a known issue with RIM. I noticed this immediately after the .61 update was released. It will only happen with contacts that you've assigned a custom tone to. There is no fix for this. The answer I got from RIM was along the lines of "yeah we know about it....it'll be fixed with a future update...you'll just have to wait it out...sorry"

So basically, don't customize any contacts otherwise you'll have this issue. I had a good amount of my contacts customized, so this made it really irritating for me. What I ended up doing was installing a hybrid OS. No more problems, and it'll hold me over until Verizon releases an official 5.0, which should be 8 or 9 months from now.
    12-16-09 10:32 AM
    Makes sure you go to your contact then edit it and make sure everything is reset in there I had to redo the same thing for under my contacts with special alerts
    12-16-09 10:35 AM
    ...Let's hope it isn't 8 or 9 months otherwise ill go crazy! I also have a good amount of customizing but the bugs in the 5.0 hybrids and straight beta make them unusable for me. Grr!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 01:22 PM
    ...Let's hope it isn't 8 or 9 months otherwise ill go crazy! I also have a good amount of customizing but the bugs in the 5.0 hybrids and straight beta make them unusable for me. Grr!

Ha ha...Well that was just angry sarcasm on my part. If it WAS 8 or 9 months I'd be really pissed. I'm currently running the 7.12 hybrid. The only glitch I've come across is the media player muting after the first track when I'm streaming via bluetooth. Otherwise I've had pretty good luck with this hybrid. I briefly tried the 7.14 OS, but I found a major glitch when I was trying to sync my iTunes folder to my memory card. The device would constantly disconnect. So it's back to 7.12 for me.

12-16-09 04:03 PM
    Well,

If a stable leak appears I would be willing to use it. Hybrids just don't seem to fix the issues that would cause issues with devices that I use. For example the media player. I play a lot of music using my device and don't wanna have to continually stop and restart my music. Its just frustrating that this issue has existed for so long. Its a feature that I would figure would be used a lot and would be high priority.
    12-17-09 07:26 PM
    I figured the problem may have been a bigger one than just on my device. Good to know its somewhat global at least. No custom contacts for me I guess!

12-19-09 02:42 AM
    Well,

If a stable leak appears I would be willing to use it. Hybrids just don't seem to fix the issues that would cause issues with devices that I use. For example the media player. I play a lot of music using my device and don't wanna have to continually stop and restart my music. Its just frustrating that this issue has existed for so long. Its a feature that I would figure would be used a lot and would be high priority.
    I definitely agree that the media player issue is irritating. I'd often stream music through the bluetooth in my car stereo. But having to mute and unmute every new song takes too much attention away from driving. So I haven't been able to enjoy my music while driving either..

This Tour (number 2) has developed trackball issues. So I now await number 3. It's doubtful I will install the hybrid OS on this new one. I'll just have to live with not having any customized contacts until a new OS (or a more stable leak) is released.
    12-19-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD