I'm a little computer/technology illiterate but what is memory leak, when referenced to "after installing microSD cards"? You can please speak slowly as i will not get offended but much more appreciative! Thanks in advance.
    12-10-07 09:26 PM
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little computer/technology illiterate but what is memory leak, when referenced to "after installing microSD cards"? You can please speak slowly as i will not get offended but much more appreciative! Thanks in advance.
    12-13-07 06:08 PM
    Not sure this is the correct forum, but it's a free internet-world (mostly). Hehe.

A memory leak occurs when applications that are terminated will not release any memory that was used to operate. So, say you have an application that has a memory leak: After you shut it down, the memory that it comandeered to run is still in use and not available to other applications for use.

This can be very problematic, for various reasons. The main reason, though, is that your system (whether it be PC or smartphone) will eventually not have any available memory to operate normally. This will cause a system 'crash'.

Coincidentally, the memory leak issue with the newer OS on our phones has to do with the application switcher. There is a post in the Blackberry knowledge base about this.
    12-17-07 05:35 PM
    Here is the article on it:

BlackBerry Search Results
    12-18-07 01:33 AM
    Here is the article on it:

BlackBerry Search Results

Good call, JC! Didn't think to include the link. Lazy mode (off for 3 more day, here)

PS - pls answer my edit on another thread you elusive fox, you.
    12-18-07 05:01 AM
    thanks for the info. i'm getting smrtr and smrtr every day with my blackberry.
    12-18-07 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD