I just recently bought my blackberry curve, i was just wondering if it was necessary for a memory card, cause ive downloaded some stuff on it and all, i just don't want my phone to become slow afterwards

Any memory card Suggestion on which i should buy?
    06-14-08 11:48 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

A Media Card is most useful. Essential really if you want to take music, videos and photos with you.

The Blackberry needs all its internal memory for itself really so a Media Card is really the place to keep all your stuff.

Today your phone can only run with a 4Gb card. However there is a new Operating System that is in the process of being released and it supports 8Gb. So now you have a choice. Buy a 4Gb card today (probably the best choice) or wait until you have upgraded your phone in a few weeks and then buy an 8Gb card.
    06-14-08 11:57 PM
    Welcome!

And yes, as mentioned, you should get a card. System memory is SERIOUSLY at a premium on these phones and you DO NOT want to use it for anything that you could possibly save on a card.

4 gig cards are getting cheaper everyday. I've seen 1 gig cards for $7.95!!
    06-15-08 12:11 AM
    MicroSD brands in:

Sandisk, PNY, Kingston

are the way to go.

(I have a 2GB PNY)
    06-15-08 12:30 AM
    I scored a 4gig for $29.99(from radio shack.com). Saved $70.00 from the regular price. Also, ShopCrackBerry has SD cards starting as low as $12.95.
    06-15-08 12:42 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, really helpful

one more question,

when i get the memory card, does it give me a choice to save the data i've downloaded to be saved on the phone and the card?
    06-15-08 02:11 AM
    I know you can choose while using the App Loader in the Desktop Manager, but being as how I have yet to receive my SDHC card yet I'm afraid I can't be very helpful with what I believe you're really wanting to know. :/
    06-15-08 02:14 AM
    Apps cant be stored on the memory card. Pics, movies, songs can be stored in memory card.
    Its good to have a memory card, would help prevent the memory leak and deleting call log etc issues.
    06-15-08 07:08 AM
    I bought a 2 gig Kingston memory card for $0.95.Actual price was $10.95.You get $10 off when you check out using google checkout in buy.com but its only limited per account.
    06-15-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD