With help from the Blackberry 101 video tutorial (that was awesome!), I just inserted my first Media Card (San Disk MicroSDH 4GB). All seemed to have gone well, but when I was setting my Options, it says that Total Space is 3.7 GB (with Free Space being 3.7 GB). Shouldn't it read 4GB? Am I being shorted .3 GB ?

Also, I think I read already that you can't transfer iTunes songs, so where do you all get your music from?

Thanks in advance!

~Sheri
    05-15-08 10:36 AM
    No. You're good. Thats just normal rounding.

My music has come from various sources, ripped cd's, Free Music Downloads at SpiralFrog . The ones I do have from ITunes i run through SoundTaxi: link and convert them to MP3
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-15-08 at 11:33 AM.
    05-15-08 11:28 AM
    Thats normal...even for computer HDDs...if they say 200GB they're usually 190GB or so...
    05-15-08 11:33 AM
    It's not "rounding." In order to store info, the card has to be formatted, like painting lines on a parking lot. The file allocation table (sorta like the table of contents) takes up space on the card. The larger the card, the larger the table is. On a formatted 4BG card, the table takes up approximately .3 GB, leaving 3.7 GB of usable free space left. My 2 GB card shows about 1.8 GB total space.
    05-15-08 11:45 AM
    You are fine.
    05-15-08 12:39 PM
    It's not "rounding." In order to store info, the card has to be formatted, like painting lines on a parking lot. The file allocation table (sorta like the table of contents) takes up space on the card. The larger the card, the larger the table is. On a formatted 4BG card, the table takes up approximately .3 GB, leaving 3.7 GB of usable free space left. My 2 GB card shows about 1.8 GB total space.
    Yup, the formatting is what is eating up your space... very good analogy rrrebo!
    05-15-08 02:22 PM
    Thankee, sai. Over 7 years in tech support. I'll be here all week.
    05-15-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD